𝟴 | 𝗤𝗨𝗔𝗚𝗠𝗜𝗥𝗘

quagmire/ˈkwaɡmʌɪə,ˈkwɒɡmʌɪə/noun

an awkward, complex, or hazardous situation.

𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝑫𝒂𝒚...

"Post-nuptial agreement?"

Seokjin hummed. "I have discussed with the lawyer, all the terms and conditions. You can go through the contract before signing it..." he explained monotonously.

Namjoon bites his lips nervously. "Is it a must?" he queried with hesitancy in his voice. He can see how tightened the expression wears by Seokjin when he asked that. He quickly rectified his concern. "I mean I'm not going to ask anything from you. We can reach for an agreement by mutual understanding, right?"

Seokjin scoffed at the answer. He didn't know whether Namjoon is being genuinely naïve or it was a mere façade. Nevertheless, Seokjin has to make sure that this marriage wouldn't be manipulated by Namjoon or his family. Seokjin can see the ulterior motives of his parent at their wedding yesterday. Seokjin had to be cautious with the upcoming as well to be prepared for something worst.

"You may say anything but I'm not sure about it in the future..." Seokjin sneered with an accusatory tone.

Namjoon gasped at the allegation, feeling humiliated. His eyes boring into Seokjin who seems unbothered at all. "I'm not that greedy..." he retorts.

Seokjin clicked his tongue and finally look at the younger. The glint in his eyes evidently shows his displeasure. "What about your family then?"

Namjoon's eyes widen at the mention of his family. "Wha - what?"

"Are you sure that none of your family members having their eyes on my wealth?" Seokjin asked venomously with a smirk on his face.

Namjoon grits his teeth in anger. "You have no right to -"

"What about your mother, then?" interrupt Seokjin as he can see the anger bubbling inside Namjoon's hazelnut eyes.

Namjoon was taken aback, blinking his eyes towards the older man. Namjoon's lips parted slightly to rebut the wrongful allegation about his family, about his mother particularly but for some odd reason - Namjoon couldn't manage to utter a single word.