06. step in the right direction

nini ran into the building breathlessly, cursing her alarm under her breath for not ringing at the time she set it to as she rushed into the elevator and hit the button

jenn had contacted her yesterday that she had a meeting to get to that "concerned her career". knowing jenn, that meant that she probably had an idea for another album or project to help her music so she wasn't all that worried.

she quickly ran out of the elevator as it arrived at the floor and sprinted towards the meeting room, stopping abruptly right outside the door as she adjusted herself to look presentable and took a deep breath, opening the door.

the last people she expected to see was benjamin and ricky seated at the table.

she opened her mouth in confusion and ricky instantly felt nervous when realizing how she didn't know about him attending the meeting.

"nini, you're late." jenn said firmly

"i-uh-yes. sorry, my alarm-"

"sit down, please." the woman interrupted

nini shut her mouth and quickly sat in front of her boyfriend at the table, seeing him give her a subtle smile that made her relax.

"right, well. i made this meeting since we had word from ricky's show-runner of untamed that we thought would concern nini," benjamin began, ricky and nini exchanging looks of interest before back at the man "nini just finished a tour, correct?" he asked, looking over a folder

"yes, benjamin." jenn nodded "what is it?"

"well, she doesn't have any projects coming up does she?" he asks, jenn shaking her head

"not yet, we do have plans on some new music though,"

"well, the show-runner of untamed seems convinced that nini is a perfect fit for a new role for season seven of the series." he announced, nini and ricky widening their eyes and quickly looking at each other

"that couldn't work," jenn says, shaking her head "is it a permanent role? it'll clash with her musician schedule."

"well, tell that to the anton." benjamin said "i think it's a good idea. it'll help the fans accept nini more so that we don't deal with more catastrophes every time she likes a certain picture or comments on a specific post. the fans pay attention to detail and this would help them not analyze everything she does badly."

jenn took a deep breath "well, what if she has other offers from other movies? nini hasn't done any acting in two years."

"jenn..." nini began "i-i want to do it..."

ricky smiled instantly and looked at the blonde woman hopeful

"it'll help me take a little step back from music and maybe come up with new ideas and try different styles too." the girl said "i know it's not the same thing, but the music videos i've done helped and i think i can do it..."

jenn looked at the two young adults firmly "i know what you're both thinking, and yes it might ease up the contract slightly but the rules still stand."

ricky and nini both nodded "we know."

"you're sure you want to do this?" jenn asked

nini nodded "yes."

jenn took a deep breath "what's the role?"

the brunette girl beamed and leaned back against her chair, looking at ricky who put his thumbs up discreetly.

even though this definitely wasn't something that was going to magically let them show off their relationship, but it was hopefully a step in the right direction. they could be seen in public together - though as a group of course - and they could at least show the fans that they're friends.

"the fans won't be pleased," jenn said as she took the scripts and files from benjamin, standing up from her seat.

"they won't at first, but they'll have to warm up to it." benjamin replied

"they'll love her." ricky smiled, nini rolling her eyes playfully

"we'll keep in touch." jenn nodded curtly, ignoring the curly-haired boy's comment as she glanced at nini "you both leave separately remember."

the couple nod as they watch the woman leave, nini thanking benjamin as he left the room too.

"this is amazing!" ricky exclaims happily as he hugged her and twirled her around, causing for the girl to giggle "right?"

nini nodded "it's not the perfect thing since we still have to keep the same rules, but yeah. it's definitely amazing."

ricky smiled widely as he leaned in to kiss her, the girl beaming when their lips connected.

she pulled away at the sound of her phone buzzing and sighed when seeing a message notification from jenn, reminding her to leave the building before ricky.

"sometimes i don't know how you put up with her," ricky says, looking at his girlfriend

nini shrugs her shoulders as she turns her phone off "she's not always this bad, it's just the stress getting to her."

ricky nodded before jumping happily "so, you excited?"

the girl laughed and nodded "yes, but i'm also really nervous."

"don't be! you're acting is amazing." he tells her

"it's not that-well, it is- but it's also the reactions i'm going to get from being in the show this season..." nini muttered "they already hate me, what's going to happen when they find out they're going to have to see me in their favorite show?"

ricky shook his head and held her hand "they'll fall in love with you almost as much as i am."

nini smiled warmly at her boyfriend as he leaned in again to kiss her before her phone buzzed again and she groaned, seeing jenn text her non-stop

"i should go," she sighs as she goes up on her toes to give him a peck on the cheek "call you tonight?"

"face-time dinner." he assures her, making the girl grin before she let go of his hand and ran out of the meeting room.

" he assures her, making the girl grin before she let go of his hand and ran out of the meeting room