36 | Joie

I cleared my throat as I rubbed my hands down my pencil skirt and made sure my hair was straight before I pushed forward down the hall to the next office that has the door open

I cleared my throat as I rubbed my hands down my pencil skirt and made sure my hair was straight before I pushed forward down the hall to the next office that has the door open. I knocked on it rhythmically and smiled when she looked at me from the laptop screen.

"Hey, Care-bear." I walked in further, "Don't you just love how I can come bother you during work?"

Caren smiled in return. "It's nice actually, especially seeing that your skirt is on backwards. Doesn't the zipper go in the back?"

I done a quick glance down to find the zipper on the front. "Oh my God." I chuckled, fixing the skirt the correct way. "This is embarrassing."

"Kyle must've came by." Caren stated.

"Uh, yeah." I groaned softly, plopping down on the quilted sofa in her office. "We were supposed to just talk about the food drive coming up this weekend that Joie-N-Change is partnering with the boxing gym, then he was smelling good and looking even better. One thing led to another, my legs were bent behind my head and he took me all over my desk." I bit my bottom lip, still feeling his strong hands on me and feel of him inside me.

"Did y'all get some planning done for it?" Caren asked.

I raised upright on the sofa. "Some. I'm gonna FaceTime 'em tonight and finish. I can't be around his fine ass." I admitted.

"So, no more Jaceon?" Caren wondered.

"I mean, I like him; sex is great. But I'm not in the business of being in a relationship with a celebrity, especially someone as fine as him. I can't do it. And before you ask, no, I haven't told him. At least not yet."

"You should tell him before he tries inviting on some Valentine's Day dinner tomorrow."

"Eh." I let out a deep breath, "What do you have planned for V-day?"

"Honey, I'm a soon-to-be divorcee, I'm not worried about no Valentine's Day."

"You don't be sexually frustrated?" I asked. "I mean, I don't like Xavier, but he still your husband, which means that dick. Go hop on it for the one time and leave."

"Still my dick." She repeated, laughing sarcastically. "Sixteen years of our marriage it ain't been, so, I highly doubt that. Besides, I'm not tryna complicate anything."