Chapter 45

"Sooo.......Do you like the weather we're having?" I asked, suddenly nervous under his scrutiny. He turned to the stove, pouring himself another cup of coffee and leaned against the counter, watching me thoughtfully as he sipped. My vision had cleared up, and the drowsiness went away; that surprised me, after all, I drank alot.

"I don't know how, but I can't get drunk again, at least not for long. I think it has something to do with me getting my magic back." I told him my theory.

"And what? Are you planning to get hammered every night?" He dumped the remains of the coffee in the sink and set the cup on the counter.

"Um...no, never." I sagged against a counter, hoping he believed me.

"What if Octavia hadn't been there? You're being reckless. " he glared.

I crossed my arms and gave him a level look. "I had it under control, you're the one who left liquor laying around. If you asked me, you're at fault."

Campbell leaned his hip against the counter, and crossed his arms in physical disagreement, with one leg thrown carelessly over the other. In my point of view, he looked incredibly hot. I wanted to throw myself at him and kiss him endlessly. Leaning back against the counter, i laughed out loud at my absurd thought.

His expression was sober as he came over then placed a hand on the counter on each side of me. "What's so funny?"

Sliding my arms around his neck, I pressed against him. "Hmmmm.....you."

"So...I'm a joke now." He hummed.

"No, but the fact that you aren't kissing me right now is......." My fingers began to move as of their own accord, playing with his shirt collar. There was a sweep of fingers under my tshirt, I gasped. Campbell leaned in and licked my bottom lip. Every nerve in my body went on red alert, I felt a rush of arousal and a swelling of desire. I wanted, no need, something more, something mindless and physical.

"Campbell, mark me." I ordered. He looked looked down at me shocked.

"What?" He asked slightly pulling away.

"Mark me." I repeated.

He continued staring at me, maybe he was waiting on me to change my mind, or he thought It was the liquor talking. I eyed him with a solid look of determination and desire. He saw that I was serious, the next moment our lips met rapidly. I secured wrapped my legs around his waist then we were on the stairs going to the bedroom. After entering the room, he kicked the door shut.

Then i unbuttoned the first few buttons on his shirt and slipped my arms around his neck again. He placed me on the side of our bed, my chest rose and fell rapidly as he pulled away and started to attack my neck with kisses. My eyes widened, feeling the lust when he reach that certain spot; just above my collarbone. My toes curled as his fangs graced my skin teasing. I began to moan, and sunk my nails into his shoulder, as he teeth pierced my skin. I've never experienced anything close what to I felt in that moment, undying passion, lust, love. He was making me feel things I never, ever thought I'd be feeling.

I whimpered as he withdrew from my neck, which was on fire. He looked down at me with a very satisfying look, then he leaned over and kissed the mark. The way my pulse throbbed in my neck when he kissed it, and the way my brain and body felt like they got electrified when he touched me, made me feel whole. His hand were in my hair, exploring the messed up curls, and the other holding my back, keeping us closer to each other. I wanted more, I needed it.

Campbell tossed his head back and moaned, a pleasuring sound that sent thrills all over my body. I spotted a strange dark marking appearing on his neck, so I moved his shirt down to investigate. A black crescent moon was forming on his spotless skin, then I saw 'сокровище моей жизни' written just beneath it. I brought my hands up and softly ran my hands over the patterns. He groaned then captured both my hands in his.

I looked up at him."What's that?" I asked, breathlessly.

"You marked me." He whispered.

He reached out and ran a finger down my cheek, in a soft caress that increased my pulse, which was already running wild. Then, he leaned in once again and kissed me, his lips moved against mine, wet and soft.

I pulled away, "I love you Campbell." I panted out.

"I love you too Aurelia." He didn't even hesitate.

●●●●●

"I want us to go camping, that's the first thing I want to do this summer." Amber informed us with a flare of excitement.

I looked at Campbell, he was gazing at Amber with curiosity and adoration, then i looked back to her. "Whatever you want sweetheart." I smiled down at her.

"MH-hmm," she nodded.

The three of us were walking around hand in hand.

"Mommy, what's that on her neck?" Amber asked. Unconsciously, my hand with to my neck and hid the mark I'd gotten the night before.

"I've seen many people with something similar, including Lavinia and Octavia, and now you." She insisted.

I gave her an awkward stare, as I thought of something to say. "Well......"

Thankfully, Campbell came to my rescue. "Amber? You know that your mom and I are mates, right?" He questioned and she nodded. We came across a bench nearby a small, beautiful pond. We settled down with Amber between the both of us.

"That mark symbolizes that we have accepted the bond." He clarified. "My imprint."

"Finally." She beamed. "This is amazing."

"Yeah it is." I agreed.

"So, does that make Campbell my dad, officially?" She asked.

"Yes." He answered without hesitation. "We're family."

Amber jumped up from her place, and charged at Campbell with a hug. I smiled warmly at the pair, everything was coming together. After their moment, she sat back down.

"We have something to discuss with you." I said looking down at her. "Tommy's mother informed us that you're being bullied at school."

Amber's smile fell, and dropped her head and turned away.

"Amber, you're not in any trouble, we just need to talk to you." Campbell added.

I really thought that Amber was doing okay here, I should have known that she was having a hard time at school. Kids can be mean, and they inflict unnecessary attention to others that are slightly different. Campbell and Caleb had already informed the girls parents and settled the matter. They were told to apologize but I thought it would be best to stay away from Amber for a while.

We got Amber to talk about it. She told us that she didn't want to add anything else to what we were going through. What she said left me stunned, I wished she'd never considered that. I will never view a situation of mine too busy or complicated for Amber.

After our conversation, Campbell and I gave her the assurance she needed.

"C'mon, let's go home." I said standing up. Amber stood and took my hand in hers, Campbell didn't make a move, however. He was smiling at me. "What?" I asked, gazing at his smug face.

He stood up, "You said 'home'." He answered.

I shrugged. "Well it is," I gave both of them a graceful look. "You're my home, both of you." I mentioned

"I love you." He smiled. I'd probably never get tired of hearing those words.

"I love you too." I replied.

"Um, Where's Blade?" Amber asked looking around.

Campbell laughed, "he's probably with Caleb." He clarified. "C'mon, let's go."

He carried Amber over his shoulder like a
Santa sack, then ran off with her screaming excitedly.