☆ 9 - Inkling of Jealousy ☆

It had been a little over a week since the party, people still laughing at how some staff couldn't hold their alcohol or about how someone drunk had done something dumb & broken something.

You could tell from what they were saying, it had to be or was probably Namjoon, although he claims to not remember.

But you were far too worried to laugh about it, preferring to dive straight back into work.

And as one of BTS's managers, you had a lot to do following the celebration, lining up special performances and interviews that would take place over the following months.

It kept you busy but not busy enough, as JungKook would keep attempting to find ways to step into your path and attempt to force your attention on him.

He'd pop up in your office or during meetings you were in.

You finally got to the point where escaping was your only option.

When you would see him coming down the hallway, your body would make a B-line in the opposite direction and in meetings, you were the first one up & out at the end of them, never giving him a chance to block your way.

Your office was another story, with you having to lock your door to keep him from simply walking in.

Days turned to weeks, weeks to a few months & you had made the art of avoidance seem effortless.

And JungKook definitely noticed because while he'd been texting you on & off, his texts began to change to something more apologetic & more desperate...

First, they were simply a series of, "Hi", "Hello" or "How are you?", then he began to send the words you knew he eventually would...

"Noona, I'm sorry."

"If I hurt you, I didn't mean too."

"Noona, can we talk?"

"Noona, are you mad at me?"

"Noona, can I see you?"

These texts immediately made you feel guilty but you couldn't give him what he wanted from you, it wouldn't work, plus it would risk your career that you'd worked so hard to build...

"No, JungKook." You would tell him when he called you. "I've just been very busy, you should know this."

"Then can I see you later?"

Your heart fell into your stomach.

"Is it work related?"

".....no. I just wanted to talk.."

"Then I'm afraid it isn't possible, JungKook, not at the moment."

"Oh. Ok. Maybe later this week then?"

"We'll see how things go."

You felt bad telling him no, lying to him & avoiding him but it was for a good reason.

It keeps you & your job safe.

And it saves him from being hurt, right?

Soon enough, 5 months had passed & you were so used to avoiding JungKook, you merely did it out of habit. His texts had slowed to a near stop, with him responding to you in the group chat with the other members & on a rare occasion, sending you an emoji or two.

It hurt you a bit but you felt it was for the best anyways.

You felt you were fine with things as they were until one day before an interview for the boys, you for some reason stopped to glance in JungKook's direction & witnessed a moment between him & a young stylist.

She was smiling, flirting as she applied makeup to his face & he seems to revel in her attention, smiling back & toying with the hem of her apron she had on.

It wasn't anything serious & you knew this but another part of you instantly dove it's way to the forefront, bringing forth a feeling, a deep, black bile that threatened to overtake you.

You felt the ugly feeling roll up fron your chest & into your face, turning your cheeks red.

It made you feel angry, hurt.

You didn't want her that close to him or have her smiling at him like that.

You shook your head at the realization of what you were suddenly feeling & tried to ignore the it but your face had caught Namjoon's eye.

"Maenijeo-nim? Are you okay?" He asks, a concerned look across his dimpled face.

Realizing your position, you quickly shook your head.

"No, I'm feeling a bit ill, actually... Give me a moment?" You tell him as you excuse yourself, unfortunately glancing in JungKook's direction, who's eyes where now on you, watching your reddened face as you escaped out of the room.

Once out of the room, you made your way down the hallway & into an empty green room, slamming the door behind you.

You paced for a moment before you placed your hands flat on a table there, sighing.

'What's wrong with me?' You think, as you shake your head at the feelings you were trying shoved back down.

The audible click of the green room door opening made you turn around but once you did, you wished you hadn't.

JungKook stepped in, slowly closing the door behind him & locking it.

**AN**
I may have to go to updating once a week, as I start back to work come Monday & I usually work long hours (it's a overnight job), plus with my new position, I'm gonna be working a lot more. But will check & update once a week for sure & if possible, maybe more!!! Just please have patience with me. 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜 Borahae!