Part 46: responsibility

Y/N POV:
As we land on the island of Berk, people surround me and sigh gratefully saying that everything was chaos without me and how they missed me.
-Chaos huh? Wow what didn't you do while I was gone? I comment to the others and they all laugh awkwardly.
-A lot, we were trying to get you back, Tuffnut says. I shrug.
-Well, fair enough, I say. Suddenly I hear my name being shouted through the crowd. The crowd gets pushed around and out comes my parents, jumping me. They hug me with all of Thors might.
-Oh my sweet girl, my mom cries and kisses me on the side of the head.
-I'm so happy they brought you back home, dad cries.
-Awe mom, dad, I say and hug them back.
-We thought you were dead. Oh look at you, mom says sadly and looks at my dirty suit and my dried blood on my cheek.
-Mom I'm ok, I try to reassure her.
-Oh my sweet girl, Dad says and dries the tears that won't stop falling from his eyes.
-Dad don't worry I'm just fine. Starving but fine, I say and try not to cry myself.
-You're starving? Oh we can't have my baby starving, come come let us eat, Mom grabs my hand.
-Just a moment, I say and she lets go confused. I turn back to the others. They look expectantly at me.
-Are you guys coming? I ask and smile. They smile at me and the twins run ahead. Following them are Astrid, Hiccup and Fishlegs, who are thanked by my parents for their heroic act. Then comes Snotlout. He smiles at me and I put a comforting hand on his shoulder. As he comes to my parents, they hug him and praise him as well before dad and him goes ahead. Then comes Eret and he stops right in front of me. He puts his forehead on mine before he hold out his arm. I hook my arm through his and we start walking. Mom the grabs my other hand and we walk, all three of us, to the hall.

-Oh Eret you must come over for dinner sometime, mom bashes him once more.
-No no, I... he trails off and I look at him smiling from ear to ear.
-If you insist, Britta, but I don't want to intrude, Eret says. Mom is about to bash him even more but dad beats her to it.
-Nonsense my boy, of course you are not intruding! You're my daughters boyfriend for Odins' sake, you're welcome whenever, he says. Eret looks shocked between me and my dad and my mom before he lets out an airy laugh.
-I... thank you so much Spitelout, I'll remember that, Eret says and I put my hand on his and rub it gently.
-I wanna take full responsibility of this whole situation, Snotlout says suddenly.
-You wouldn't be starving if I- oh please son, you did what ye could, dad says.
-She's here now. You and your friends made it a team effort and you brought her home. I couldn't be more proud of you, Dad stops Snotlout, who almost begins to cry.

-Oh Y/N we are so glad that you are home. Do you have any idea of when the saddle smith will be back to fire proofing our saddles? A woman asks.
-I Uh... I can only stutter.
-Is it safe to go back outside of Berk? A man asks as he holds his child's hand.
-Or when the next firewood delivery will be? Another man asks. I turn towards the youngsters at the table.
-It's been three days guys, really? I ask. They can only look bashfully at each other.
-I- am I really the pillar here? Can any of you function without me? I ask and laugh at how crazy it sounded. They all start talking at the same time, mumbling excuses as to why that is. I only look at Eret who blushes from embarrasment. He can't say anything he only makes sounds. I start laughing and everyone turns quiet.
-I mean we spent all of our time trying to figure out how to save you, we kinda forgot... what you helped us remember, Fishlegs says as I calm down.
-You guys are the best and stupidest Vikings I've ever come across, I say.
-Alright we'll start working on all of this tomorrow but you guys better not let everything stop because of me, ok? I ask and they repeat ok. I hear sniffles from dad.
-Dad? Snotlout asks.
-Dad what's going on? I ask.
-Oh Stoick would be so proud of you my daughter, dad sniffles and mom smiles at me. I smile back.
-He would, Hiccup says and nods.
-Thanks Hiccup... I say proudly.

I think.

-Well. I think it's time for you all to start taking responsibility around here, I look at everyone sternly.
-That means you too, I say and point directly at Eret.
-Wh-what did I do? he asks shocked. I grin.
-It's time someone steps in and takes charge of work responsibilities around here, I say and look at everyone around the table.