Chapter 23

Just kidding. I didn't really kiss Cage-

        Just kidding again. I totally did.

        Before I realized how stupid my decision had been, we kissed. We kissed softly at first until Cage became more agitated with my vanilla lips. He pressed his mouth harder upon mine, taking my breath away. Literally. I didn't know that kissing required holding your breath, but now it just seemed natural. Everything else was not.

        Cage let me have control, and it made me feel special. He kept his hands on my waist and didn't move them any higher or any lower. His body brushed against mine but didn't press. There was no sign that showed Cage wanted to take this any further. He just stood like the world stopped spinning and let me assault his mouth with desperation that surprised both of us. The craving in the pit of my stomach slowly died down as I pressed my lips harder against his, teeth nicking, skin being bitten, and tongue licking.

        For once, Cage was too startled to regain dominance and that created a feeling of power and regret that bubbled up to something dangerous. Breathing heavily, Cage turned his head and broke the kiss, almost forced himself to move away.

        My heart was resonating loud enough for Cage to hear. Just as I exhaled softly, he came back. His mouth attacked mine this time, even rougher. There was no gentleness in his lips, only a desire to dominate. He pulled back before my teeth could sink into his lower lip. 

        And then he slipped an ice cube down my shirt.

        "Cage!" I shrieked, hopping up and down as the coldness began to settle against my skin. The shock of the ice cube sent immediate shivers down my back. Suddenly being penetrated by something so cold when I was all hot and bothered in less then two seconds had a very upsetting effect.

        His red lips, the very same ones I pressed mine up against, tugged up in a pretty smirk. Cage moved back to avoid my flailing around as I desperately tried to get the ice cube out. It was stuck somewhere in the interior of my navel and shirt. What a way to ruin the moment. I couldn't find any suitable reason why Cage would do something like this other than the fact that he just simply didn't want to keep kissing me.

        "Was this necessary? Why? Why, Cage? Why would you do something like that?" I growled, twisting and turning all around. It was like dancing, but this dance was very awkward and desperate and totally not planned out like a graceful ballerina number. To my utter relief, I finally managed to get the damned thing out by lifting my shirt. It plinked to the ground, nearly melted by my body warmth.

        "Yes. It was." Cage replied quietly. His amusement was suddenly replaced with seriousness and the lightness in his eyes disappeared when I found my composure again. Flustered, I tried to clear my frazzled thoughts and focus on fixing the mess we both just created...mainly by me.

        Humiliation flooded my stomach. I'd never lost control like that before, and it appeared that neither had Cage. He kissed back, he even encouraged it. He finished what I started, and I regretted starting anything in the first place. Reckless thoughts follow reckless actions. But now Cage was had a look in his eyes that was made me want to crawl into bed and never face the world again.

        "You have no idea what you are playing with, November." His voice was dangerously quiet. Cage stepped back even further, giving us both room to breathe. I noticed how tightly clenched his fists were. Cage seemed to be struggling to force the words out. "No. Fucking. Idea. I need control, November, and you are very close to breaking that boundary." He breathed out.