Chapter 31: Sophie

Heyyy, so how long has it been since I updated...? I edited yesterday so I can't see. 

"I'm a horrible person!" I exclaimed to Biana. 

She looked at me, confused. "Why?"

"I forgot about Keefe! I've been so busy, I forgot! I kiss him, then think I might like him, then he goes missing, then-" I lowered my voice so only she could hear, "then your brother, so I completely forgot! What if he's hurt?"

"Look at me." She said, and lifted my chin and gently held my face in her hands. "You are not a horrible person."

You sure 'bout that Bi? Like are you reallllllyyyyyy sureeee?

I shook my head. "I can't do it. I need to know. My Father must know something. C'mon let's go."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I opened the door to my Father's study and walked in, Biana trailing not far behind me. I smiled at the maid, Taylor, who was silently cleaning some of the paintings on the left wall. Taylor was my age, and I'd run around the palace with her when we were little, before my little brother was born. She grinned right back, and walked out of the room. Father looked up, and smiled. 

"What's up Kiddo?" 

I didn't smile. "Is Keefe okay?" 

His smile faded, and I noticed his eyes darting around the room. 

"What do you know?" I pressed. 

"That Boy...Keefe...he was shot. After the guards investigated, they've come to believe that he was killed. A pool of blood was found, with this ring." He lifted a small, simple ring. Silver, with a small ice blue gem. I slowly reached out and took the ring. I knew they were trying to comfort me, but I just couldn't hear them. I walked out, through hallway after hallway, and as minutes bled into hours, I realized I'd found my way into the forest behind the castle, and by the looks of the ground and the trees, I was about a mile from the ocean, but I'd never seen this part before. I closed my eyes and breathed in the salty air. I sat down and cried. For everything I'd lost. Keefe, my birth family, my freedom, and may as well add in my happiness. But then I felt a shift in the air around me, and before I could even look around, scream, anything, I felt a strong hand press a white cloth soaked in sweet sedatives over my mouth, and I passed out. 

I actually had something different but it didn't save then I had this idea so your welcome. I'm sure you're very happy with me lol. 😎🤗