[Chapter 27: Awkward Answering]

"That's a relief to hear." Hannibal remarked with a soft smile, sitting down opposite you before starting to eat a meal of his own. "I was concerned that after last night, you might still be a little—"

"What, traumatised?" You finished off dryly, sarcasm dripping from your voice as you started eating too. "Yeah, that's pretty accurate."

The dark-haired psychiatrist laughed, finding your comment to be pretty amusing while you joined in said conversation. "You never fail to entertain me, (Y/n) dearest." Hannibal sighed with content, acting like a proper gentleman as he lifted his fork up to his mouth.

"Um...I try my best...?" Your uncertainty made your comment sound more like a question - causing him to laugh a second time.

"So, any plans for today?" Hannibal probed politely, curiosity flowing from his tone while he interacted with you.

"I'll probably head over to the university." You hesitantly decided, trying to stay calm and collected once you'd made up your mind. "Y'know, to see my other friends and catch up on my psychology classes?"

"Your other friends being Laura, Amber and Cadence, am I correct?" He brought up in a friendly fashion - unknowingly forcing you to feel huge amounts of guilt from the last time you spoke with the other three girls.

"What the Hell, (Y/n)?" Cadence questioned with wide eyes, clasping both hands to her chest as she gasped a little bit. "What's gotten into you? Amber and Laura were just worried about you...You're our friend, and—"

"Well, why don't the three of you just stop harassing me about my new friends and leave me alone!?" Hoisting the strap of your bag onto your shoulder, you pushed past your friends and left the classroom - feeling oddly resentful towards them.

"Yeah, I...I need to make it up to them." You bit your lip uneasily and continued eating, though your anxious attitude made you feel worse and worse by every passing minute.

"Oh...? Would you care to give me a reason why...?" Hannibal inquired carefully, his psychiatrist mindset kicking in due to him not understanding your reasoning.

"Because I acted out of character and haven't been behaving like myself recently." You told him with disappointment; remembering how Pennywise had previously messed around and given you mood-swings.

"Ah yes, it certainly wouldn't do any of us any favours if those three grew suspicious all of a sudden, now would it...?" Hannibal casually smiled, finishing off his breakfast way before you did.

"That's really not where I was coming from..." You uncomfortably responded, completing your breakfast a few minutes later and bringing your dirty cutlery/dishes over to the sink.

"So I take it you're leaving soon, then?" He commented in a calm manner, wrapping his arms around your waist and hugging you from behind as comfort soon after.

"Mmhm. Probably in around ten minutes. I haven't exactly been keeping up with my studies and I can't rely on my friend Rose's notes forever." You laughed in return lightly, spinning around to face him and glancing into his eyes with nothing but affection.

"Understandable." Hannibal responded wryly, kissing the top of your head and holding either side of your waist as lovingly as possible. "Abbi cura di te allora, mia cara (Y/n)." [A/N: "Take care of yourself then, my darling (Y/n)."]