003

april 22nd, 2026
8:30 pm

SUNDAY WAS GLAD THAT she had agreed to go

The University of Kentucky hadn't changed much, in her opinion.

A few hours before, Sunday had made time to visit all of her political science professors and Professor Bernthal who had taught that fateful film class her freshman year.

But now she was walking arm in arm with Jeanette on one side and Rafael on the other.

Sunday was wearing her shirt that spelled out #LLTC5 and as she walked onto the crowded football field, she spotted several others who were wearing the same shirt.

The football field had a stage right in the middle with a bunch of white balloons and candles ready to be given out.

A banner with Terrence's picture and the words 'Five years for TC5' was next to the picture.

"Ooh, who is that?" Jeanette nodded to a boy with braids who was talking to Sharife Cooper.

"That's Omar, Sharife's brother." Sunday explained.

"Is he..." Rafael trailed off before dropping his hand down at the wrist.

The girls both chuckled, "I think he's straight. But I could be wrong." Sunday managed to spit out.

"Sunny! You made it!" Kylah's voice sounded behind her.

Sunday whirled around, grinned and eagerly received Kylah's embrace, "Of course. I wouldn't miss this for the world. When are we starting?"

"We're waiting for the sun to finish setting and then his mom is gonna start talking." Kylah explained.

"Ky!" Sharife called out to her, gesturing for her to make her way over to him.

"Um. I'll be right back. Two seconds." Kylah said before darting off.

"She's pretty." Rafael commented.

"Right?" Jeanette agreed, then widened her eyes, placing her hands on Sunday's shoulders and turning her around, "Six o'clock!"

"What?" Sunday asked, a bit confused.

"Look." Rafael chimed in.

Sunday focused her attention on where Jeanette had spun her then coughed a bit at the sight of her ex.

You knew that he was coming.