FIVE

CHAPTER 5
THE TAPES

CHAPTER 5THE TAPES

LETO, of course, reserved first-class seats on the train, and the attendants made sure there was room for Greer to sit beside him

LETO, of course, reserved first-class seats on the train, and the attendants made sure there was room for Greer to sit beside him. The cushions were soft, yet firm, allowing Greer to relax just a little bit as they made their way to the Capitol. She tried to make herself as comfortable as possible as nerves ran wild through her entire body. What she would give to just calm down.

"This is exciting," Leto said, putting his hand over hers, which rested on the arm of her seat. "Our first business trip together."

Greer smiled, despite hating the thought. She didn't like doing work with Leto, but their whole relationship was practically business anyway. He was her only way into the Gamemaker Headquarters without it being suspicious. "It's lucky we found each other today," she finally replied.

Leto finished his coffee from Giorgio's and accepted a cappuccino from the train attendant, his hand lingering just a bit too long on hers. The blonde attended blushed a peachy rose before going on her way. Greer raised a brow and asked, "Why were you in One this morning? You've been spending a lot more time here than at your actual house in the Capitol."

He looked at her as if she was speaking a different language. "I needed some diamonds tailored to one of my new suits."

She suspected he might be lying. Leto had never been a good liar. And even if he was cheating on her, she didn't really care. They could pretend all they wanted that they were in love, but at the end of the day, they knew their roles. Every actor could only do their job for so long.

If he was having an affair, then so be it, but Greer hoped he enjoyed the luxury. She couldn't possibly take a risk like that, in fear of some paparazzi following her and plastering her walk of shame on the front page of every news source available. Even though Leto was a Gamemaker, people simply didn't care about him as much as catching a Victor in the act, especially when said Victor was the Diamond of the Capitol and in a high-profile relationship. Leto had the luxury. Greer would never.

She remarked, "The suit must look fabulous. I'm surprised that Briar didn't go with you though."

"Why?" He asked immediately, trying not to burn his tongue on the cappuccino.