Washing Machine

Kaneki's PoV:

I stare at Hide a little longer before lowering my head, darting my eyes to the tiled bathroom floor "I'm sorry that I'm currently relying on you to provide food for me... I promise once I get hungry again I'll go get it the way a ghoul is supposed to..."

"Kaneki, calm down... you know I'm okay with it right? I know that at some point it'll be best that I have a break from being your meat... but... it's just hunting is so risky- I'd rather you take flesh from me... it's safer that way..." Hide strokes his hair.

"I know it is Hide, but..." I let out a heavy sigh "it's not like you can regenerate all that back... and you'll be left with huge scars...! I don't want to ruin your body, you'll end up looking like some chunk of meat... not like my best friend..."

Hide shook his head "you'll still love me the same anyway right? Just stop overreacting already. I'm still in one piece, it's not like you bit off a lot."

I watched as Hide got up and carried the towel to the washing machine, he had a limp when he walked. But he seemed like he was completely fine. I followed him, wrapping my arms around his waist as I leaned against his back and watched from over his shoulder. I watched as he tossed that bloody towel into the machine and forced the door shut. It seemed like he was always taking care of me...

Nuzzling into the back of his neck, I inhale deeply. Hide didn't have to put in any effort in order to be relaxing. He was perfect...

"Hey Hide... have I ever told you I love you?" I asked.

Hide let out a quiet chuckle "yes Kaneki... I'm pretty sure you have."