𝟬𝟮𝟲 the eye of the storm

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX.
the eye of the storm

     A STORM WAS coming

     A STORM WAS coming.

     Nova Van Kirk knew that much for sure. And it wasn't just because of the dark bank of grey clouds in the sky, or the way the wind blew through the crisp air that told Nova another hurricane was making its journey to Outer Banks. Nova could feel it in her bones and it shivered down her spine, an alarming level of anxiety coursing through her veins as she continued to drive down the vacant roads. And after the altercation between Nova and her father, his warning of the dangers that lurked outside the safety of their family home only added fuel to the burning fire.

Nova knew it was dangerous to be outside during these nerve-racking times, an unpleasant feeling of trepidation dancing across her spine, making the girl shudder when she looked outside to see chaos was making its way to the island. Between the cops running wild on their hunt for John B Routledge, the arrival of the reinforcements brought in to make the search easier, and the brewing storm, it didn't Nova Van Kirk long to realise things were going to get worse before they got better. It only seemed to increase her urgency to get to the rest of the group and get John B to freedom.

By the time Nova pulled out in front of the warehouse ( the girl hoped JJ had sent her the right address or she was completely lost ) she noticed Kiara's car pulling up not long afterwards. Nova sighed in relief and pressed her foot down on the breaks, the car coming to a quick and sudden halt before Nova switched off the engine and stepped out of the vehicle, a large gust of wind blowing through her golden blonde locks. When she looked ahead, she noticed JJ climb out of the car and walk over towards her, a look filled with relief washing over his face when his eyes locked with her own.

     "Hey..." JJ paused, scanning his eyes over the girl, before he reached out and cupped her face in his hands, a gentle display of affection that surprised Nova Van Kirk at first. "You okay? Nothing happened?" He interrogated further, worried that Nova encountered trouble along her way since they parted ways earlier the same day.