"im totally fucked,"

It was now the 5th of November which was Bonfire night so the girls and Marauders were sat on the logs around a fire

It was now the 5th of November which was Bonfire night so the girls and Marauders were sat on the logs around a fire. Ophelia was sharing a log next to Peter who was sticking marshmallows on the end of a stick to roast.

"Why do we even celebrate Bonfire night?" James asked as he pushed his glasses up his nose which reflected the flames in the lenses. "To celebrate a failed attack to blow up parliament." Lily replied which made his eyes widened. The red head continued to explain the history of the night to the boy but as she did so, the fire started to burn out.

"Can someone get some more firewood?" Lily asked as she used another stick to move the burning wood around. "I will." The Ravenclaw said as she got up from sitting on the log. "Prongs, go help her." Sirius said with a smirk which made him roll his eyes.

"Fuck you." He muttered to the smirking boy as he followed the girl into the woods to collect sticks for the fire. He rubbed the back of his neck when she looked around to se him. "Sorry, they told me to help you but I can go if you want." James spoke quickly so she had to furrow her eyebrows as she tried to understand him. "It's okay." She replied with a slight smile before bending her knees to pick up a handful of sticks.

They then continue to pick up handfuls of firewood. But at the same time the reached over for a particular log and their hand brushed together. Instantly, they pulled their hands back to their side, their cheeks were bright red. Quickly, they glanced each other which created eye contact.

James then cleared his throat which filled up the silence of the night before Lily called "Are you two almost done?" They both hurried back to the other students with their arms filled with sticks.

When they got back, they saw that people had moved around so the only seats left was next to each other so they quietly sat down on the log beside each other, fidgeting around.

"Want a marshmallow?" Peter asked the Ravenclaw with a hopeful smile. She nodded in reply which made him grab a marshmallow, stick it on a stick and handed it to her. "Hey! What about me Pete?" James asked which made Ophelia chuckle lightly as she held her arm out so the marshmallow was over the flames.

~☕︎︎~

The night continued on and the fire kept on burning however most of them went inside as they were either too cold or tired. This left Sirius, Remus, James and Ophelia left sat by the fire.

Ophelia was sat leaning forwards, her arms resting on her legs. Suddenly, Remus yawned loudly which made Sirius look over. "Oh no! My Moony is tired! You must get to bed!" He exclaimed dramatically before grabbing the unimpressed boy's arm and dragged his back to the castle.

Just then, Ophelia shivered which James notices from the corner of his eye. Without saying anything he slid his coat off his arms and wrapped it around the girl. He didn't offer her it first because he knew she would say no.

"I'm okay. You can have it back." Ophelia said as she tried to pulled it off but James held the coat down on her shoulders. "No. I'm not the one shivering." The messy haired boy replied which made her let out a sigh of defeat and allowed the coat to be wrapped around her.

"Do you want another one?" She asked as she offered a marshmallow. "Yeah, go on." He replied with a smile as she stuck it on the end of a stick and held it out from him to take. "Can you roast it? I'm shit at doing it." He asked which made her nod before holding the sweet above to orange fire.

James stared at the Ravenclaw whose face was lit up by the warm light. The embers which floated off the fire was reflected in her chocolate eyes. Her curtains ,which framed her diamond shaped face, was perfectly in place.

Finally, the white marshmallow was a golden colour and she turned around to hand him the stick to each the sweet off of. That was when she noticed the boy staring at her which made her eyebrows furrow.

"Is there something on my face?" She asked with a confused look which made him jump. "N-no." He stuttered which made her chuckle as she took the stick and avoided eye contact with her to eat the marshmallow which he burnt his lip on.