An Apple Picking Song

Hello everyone and welcome back to new one shot!

This one has a song to go with it. Hopefully the song works. Also I don't own the song nor do I own the video.
And its literally sung by Jeremy Jordan (which I'm excited about)!

Future Ruddiger here! When my parents weren't home I used to blast this song on repeat and I used to sing on the top of my lungs to this song. My dog would just stare me down like "What the hell is this human doing?"
By the way, its my puppo's birthday (I call her puppo, she's just a dog)! She's 2! And she's super cute!

 My dog would just stare me down like "What the hell is this human doing?"By the way, its my puppo's birthday (I call her puppo, she's just a dog)! She's 2! And she's super cute!

^That's my puppo^
It was a Christmas photo.

Puppo in a box!
Whatever will she do?

If you know where I got the "Puppo in a box! What will she do?" thing, you are my new best friend!

Now to the book

(Also I do not own this song.)

------------------------------

"Come on, (Y/n)." Varian pulled on your hand, "You work 24/7, you need to just chill and relax with me."

After the Zhan Tiri and Cassandra attack, which was a month and two days ago, you became Rapunzel's lady in waiting. You only had this job for a month and you were really into it. You really liked this job, mainly because you got to hang out with your best friend, Varian, since he has the job of the Royal Engineer and Alchemist. Varian took the day off so he could hang out with you since lately you were both incredibly busy.

"Alright, but let me change out of my lady in waiting dress." You giggle at Varian's cuteness. "Great! Meet you outside!" Varian smiled then ran outside. You giggled again, before heading to your room and changing.

-

You came outside wearing a white sun dress with little dasiy prints on it and you were wearing your new boots. "(n/n)!" Varian yelled as he ran up to you, giving you a big hug. Once he let go of you he was jumping up and down a little. "I'm happy you're so excited but... Uh, why?" You asked. "Can't a guy just be excited to spend time with his best friend?" Varian smiled. "In that case, I'm super excited too." You smiled as you jumped up and down with him.

You and Varian ran to Old Corona.
"Get in the car,
Turn on a tune.
Its not to far,
we'll be there soon.
The trips not long out to the farm.
Its a fun afternoon to
Sing an apple picking song!" Varian began to sing.

You and Varian came to a bunch of apple trees.

You and Varian started to run around in the forest of apple trees.

"We need some time,
Just you and me" Varian sang as you both came upon an old fence with a ladder next to it. You hopped up and sat on the fence smiling as Varian continued to sing.

"Throw on some jeans,
And you will see me looking strong on a ladder." Varian put the ladder against one of the apple trees, grabbing an apple down and tossing it to you. You rolled your eyes. Varian came down the ladder and walked over to you.

"It doesn't matter
Sing an apple picking song." He grabbed your hands and helped you off the fence.

"We need a break,
Need some give-and-take.
We need some time on our own." Varian looked into your eyes, with a smile on his face making you smile.

"Time to relax and just breathe." He watched as you took a breath in then out.

You both started to run around the apple tree forest holding hands.
"Just a day,
Just that getaway,
We always postpone.
Just us alone.
You and me." Varian picked you up and spun you around, before setting you back down on your feet. He takes your one hand and spins you. You start to giggle a little.

Varian lifted you up so you could pick an apple from one of the trees.
"We can't give up now,
Can't just resign
To these days of football and wine." He brought you back to the ground as you showed him the apple you just picked. He was about to take a bite but then you pulled the apple away, taking a bite before Varian could. Varian smiled, finding what you just did adorable. You giggled. He wrapped his arms around your waist.

"Our old lives long,
Its depressing,
Instead of stressing,
Sing this apple picking song." Varian ended the song.

You looked up at Varian, still him having his arms around your waist. You stared into each others eyes. You both slowly leaned in, your lips carefully pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

You both carefully pulled away. "I, uh, I..." You were speechless. "(Y/n), I had feelings for you for a while now." Varian said brushing the strand of hair behind your ear. "I have feelings for you too." You smiled, leaning up and placing a peck upon Varian's cheek. You pulled away to see Varian blushing so bad, you couldn't even see his freckles. Once he realized he was blushing, he shook his head making th blush disappear.

Varian cleared his throat, "Now, I have a question to ask." "What is it?" You smiled. "Well, I-I was wondering, i-if you maybe, probably not, but maybe, you would l-like to go o-out with me? Y-you know, possibly be my g-girlfriend?" Varian rubbed the back of his neck, looking away, not making eye contact. You used your finger to pull his chin to make him look at you. "Varian." You leaned and pecked Varian's lips, "I love you. I would love to go out with you." Varian's eyes light up, "Really?!" Varian dork-ily smiles. You nod yes with a smile on your face.

"I have a girlfriend!" Varian picks you up and spins you around. You giggle as he sets you down. "And a wonderful one." Varian ruffles your hair. "And I have a wonderful boyfriend." You smile, placing a kiss on Varian's cheek.

-----------
Author's Note

There you have it. I found this song on YouTube, fell in love with it and wrote a one shot about it!

And I love that its sung by Jeremy Jordan! For those of you who don't know who Jeremy is, he's the voice actor of Varian!

Do you have any ideas? Put your request here:

See ya soon
Ruddiger

Word Count: 1110

Future Ruddiger here... again. I didn't reread this before I posted- I didn't have time.