17.

Y/N's P.O.V.

The five of us stepped out of the portal, seeing Tony holding Morgan. Dee grinned and ran up to her friend, Tony placing her down.

"Girls, why don't you go inside?" Tony offered and they ran off.
"What are you doing here?" Scott and Nat quickly explained everything as we moved into the porch.
"You're joking, right?"

"No, trust me, we know what it sounds like-"

"Tony, after everything you've seen, is anything really impossible?" Steve asked.

"Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck Scale, which then triggers the Doich preposition, can we agree on that?" Tony sighed.
"In layman's terms, that means you're not coming back."

"I did." Scott shrugged.

"No, you accidentally survived... it's a billion to one cosmic fluke. And now you wanna pull a- what do you call it?" Tony asked.

"A time heist?" Scott suggested and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, a time heist." Tony chuckled.
"You've been quiet, Y/N, which is very unlike you. Surely you can't be considering this?"

"Of course I'm not considering this!" I scoffed.
"It's laughable. I'm only here because I knew you'd back me up saying this is a terrible idea."

"The stones are in the past." Steve sighed.
"We can go back, we can get them."

"We can snap our own fingers, we can bring everyone back." Nat looked at me.

"Or screw it up worse than he already has, right?" Tony asked.

"I don't believe we would." Steve replied stubbornly.

"God, I gotta say, that sometimes I miss that giddy optimism." Tony looked at Steve.
"However, high hopes won't help if there's no logical, tangible way for me to safely execute said time heist. I believe our most likely outcome will be our collective demise."

"Not if we strictly follow the rules of time travel." Scott pointed out.
"Alright, that means; no talking to our past selves, no betting on sporting events-"

"Are you seriously telling me your plan to save the universe is based off of Back to the Future?" I asked in disbelief and Scott looked at me awkwardly.
"Is it?"

"No." He shook his head.

"Good, you had us worried there." Tony sighed.
"Because that would be horseshit. That's not how quantum physics works."

"Tony." Nat spoke up.
"We have to take a stand."

"We did stand and yet, here we are."

"I know you've got a lot on the line, both of you." Scott looked between the two of us.
"You've both got a kid each, Tony you have a wife, but I lost someone very important to me. A lot of people did and now, zone we have a chance to bring her back. To bring everyone back and you're telling me that you won't even-"

"That's right, Scott, I won't." Tony shook his head.
"I can't." The door opened, Dee and Morgan coming outside.

"Mommy told us to come and save you both." Morgan spoke softly and I picked my up my daughter.

"Good job, we're saved." I smiled at Dee slightly.

"I wish you had come here to ask me something else- anything else. I'm honestly happy to see you guys, it was... oh, look, the table is set for 6, you're welcome to stay."

"Tony." Steve cut the man off.
"I get it, look, I'm happy for you, I really am, but this is a second chance."

"I got my second chance right here, Cap. Can't roll the dice on that." Tony sighed.
"If you don't talk shop, you can stay for lunch." Tony moved to go inside, but stopped in front of me.

"Thank you." I sighed.
"For having my back on this one."

"Anytime, Y/N."

~

"Mommy?" I looked up from the book I was reading, seeing Dee in the doorway with a blanket wrapped around her shoulders.

"What are you doing up, hey?" I asked, pulling myself away from the couch and going over to her.
"It's very late, baby, what's wrong?"

"When we went to Uncle Tony's house... Morgan and I heard what you were talking about." I frowned a little at that.
"Can you really bring everyone back? Can you bring daddy back?"

"It's complicated, Dee." I sighed.
"I'm surprised you understood, I barely understand most of what was being said." I laughed, trying to lighten the situation, but the sad look stayed in her eyes.

"Can you do it? Can you bring dad home?" She pushed and I ran a hand through my hair, letting out a long sigh.

"I don't know, Dee. I don't want to find out, because I might lose you, too." I picked the girl up.
"Come on, let's get you to bed."

"You've told me lots of stories about daddy." Dee spoke softly as I laid her down in her bed. I hummed and began to tuck her in.
"I think that if he was here and you wasn't, he'd try and bring you home."