21.

Y/N's P.O.V.

"You need to open the portal on his left, okay?" The man looked at me with a deadly serious look in his eye.

"Why?" I asked, people rushing passed us to get ready.

"It's just... it's important okay?" He stressed and I sighed, nodding my head. I handed him the coms device that everyone else had, curtesy of the technological genius Princess. It should link to the Avengers' frequency.
"Captain, do you read me?" He asked.
"Cap, it's Sam, can you hear me?" He asked again, before nodding at me and I made the first portal. The cloak of Elevation lifted me up off of the ground, next to Stephen.
"On your left." T'Challa, Shuri and Okoye stepped forward first, before Sam flew out after them.

"Ready?" Stephen muttered.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I replied, pulling my hood up as all the Masters of the Mystic Arts began to make portals.
"Is that everyone?" I asked Wong as Stephen and I moved towards the front of the group.

"What? You wanted more?" Wong hissed at me and I smiled a little, looking at Stephen, who mirrored the expression on my face. There was a loud noise behind us and I turned to see a very large Scott Lang.
Everyone got into battle positions and I summoned two shields, Stephen doing the same.

"Avengers! Assemble!" Steve yelled and Thor let out a battle cry, many other warriors doing the same as everyone rushed forward. Thanos led his army forward and the Cloak of Elevation lifted me up off of the ground, taking me right into the centre of the battle.

"I thought I told you to stay close?" Stephen glared at me slightly as I took out one of the aliens.

"Oh, stop complaining." I took out another one of the dog-like aliens, before grabbing a fistful of his robes and pulling him closer, kissing him. It was short and not exactly the most intimate kiss we had shared, but I wasn't complaining.
"I've been waiting 5 years to do that again." I muttered, before there was a thud behind us and I turned to see Tony.

"Hey. I don't want to break up the moment, but doc, you said one out of fourteen million we win, yeah? Tell me this is it?" Tony asked hopefully.

"If I tell you what happens, it won't happen." Stephen shook his head and Tony sighed.

"You better be right." Tony mumbled.
"Y/N?"

"We've got this area, go help the others." He nodded and flew off.
"What?" I asked Stephen, who had an amused look on his face.

"You and Tony Stark, huh?" He teased and I rolled my eyes, taking out another few aliens.
"Should I be jealous?"

"Shut it."I mumbled, before Thanos' ship began firing down on us.
"Shields!" Stephen and I both raised our Shields and so did the rest of the sorcerers on the battlefield, protecting as many good people as we could.

"Uh, is anyone else seeing this?" I turned my head, watching the large dam break and I swore under my breath.

"I've got it, watch my back." Stephen moved forward, twisting the water and I did as he asked, killing anything that even dared to come close. Thanos' ship continued to shoot down at us and it was a struggle, fighting off the aliens and trying not to get blown up whilst protecting Stephen, who was busy stopping us all from drowning.
Suddenly, the ship stopped shooting at us as something else got their attention. Barely a few seconds later something crashed through the ship and it was falling out of the sky.

"Danvers, we need an assist here." Steve spoke through coms and I looked at Stephen, who nodded.

"Don't get killed." He muttered and I winked at him, before creating a portal and running through it. Just as I did, Peter pulled himself to his feet and handed Carol the glove.

"I don't know how you're gonna get through all of that." He muttered and I gave him a small smile.

"Don't worry." Wanda Maximoff spoke as more women grouped together.

"She's got help." Okoye added and Peter looked at me.

"Miss Y/N-"

"You did great, Peter." I smiled at him a little.
"But we've got this now." He nodded his head and we moved forwards. Creating a weapon, I ran forward, before I was lifted off of the ground slightly by my cloak.

"Y/N!" Pepper shouted and I turned just in time as a huge gorilla-like alien charged at me, but I threw my hand forward, the creature disappearing into the mirror dimension. There was a sudden energy blast and we were all thrown back. I looked around for the source of it, but I saw nothing. Dragging myself to my feet I looked up, just in time to see Thanos wearing the gauntlet, his hand raised high.

"I am inevitable." He snapped his fingers and my eyes widened, but nothing happened. He looked to his left and I did the same, revealing Tony, fully suited up, helmet and all. He had all 6 stones.

"Tony... no." I whispered to myself, my heart dropping. I looked over to Stephen, who was watching Tony with a frown on his face, but was making no effort to stop him. This couldn't be how it ended.

"And I... am... Iron Man." He snapped his fingers and I couldn't stop the scream that escaped my throat. Thanos' army turned to dust in a horrifyingly similar way to how half of the universe's population did 5 years ago. Thanos was the last to go.
Tony collapsed against the debris and Rhodey moved over to him, but I found myself stuck in my position.
My legs shook horribly and tears burned my eyes as an arm wrapped around me. I looked up at Stephen, who had a sad look in his eyes. I gripped onto him and he hugged me tightly, letting me hide my face in his chest.

"Mr. Stark...?" The broken voice of Peter asked.

"Yeah?" We all turned to see Tony, in the same Black Sabbath tee and old jeans he was wearing under the iron man suit. He coughed a little and Pepper ran over to him, hugging him tightly. My hand came up to my mouth as I looked between Tony and the Iron Man suit.
"The suits empty, I was controlling it." Tony smirked weakly.
"You didn't really think I'd kill myself to save the universe, did you? I've got a daughter to raise."

"You bastard." I muttered in disbelief and Stephen seemed just as shocked as I did.

"What's up doc? Didn't you see that when you binge watched 14 million episodes of the future?" Tony joked and Stephen just shook his head.