C H A P T E R 35

Once we reached home, he didn't give me any time and just held my hand tightly and walked upstairs

Once we reached home, he didn't give me any time and just held my hand tightly and walked upstairs. To the locked room.

"Kezr....that's-"

"Seven years, Rozella. Seven years that he's gone." His voice came out shaky and hoarse.

He walked upto me and burried his face in my neck, hugging me tightly. I kissed his hand stroking it with my finger.

He released me from the hug and opened the door.

He didn't go in. He just stood there. At the enterance, looking at his feet.

I looked around and I couldn't belive my eyes.

Depressing quotes, black and white sketches, black walls, black curtains, black table, black chair was surrounding the room.

The only bright thing in the room was a white canvas placed on the canvas stand.

The whole room vibed of darkness, depression.

I read what the quotes say.

"They leave."

"Death"

"Who am I?"

"Alone in one trillion people."

"Fucked up life."

I read these all and they gathered tears in my eyes, but what made me gasp and cover my mouth was a quote hung up on the wall almost falling, had a crack on it's glass frame.

"What if I end it all?"

"K-Kezr" I looked at him to see his eyes red, his jaw clenched, his hair messy, he looked nothing like how my Kezr would.

My Kezr is happy, smiling, begging for my kisses, not having red eyes and disheveled expressions.

He didn't answer and just went to the painting which had a faceless man covering his ears.

He was turned around but I knew his expressions were of, sadness, anger, fear.

He started in his broken voice which retorted a sob from my mouth. In other circumstances he would have rushed to me and wiped my tears, but this was his time, he needs someone to wipe his tears.

"Eighteen....... A young boy was sitting with his father, in his tree house" he paused and chuckled, but the chuckle wasn't what I was used to, it was a dark one, a depressing chuckle.

"Tree house, yeah, eighteen and a tree house, he got me that, my dad. My father. We were sitting when he told me that he'd leave me one day and I'd have to suck it up."

I went to him and kept a hand on his shoulder but he pushed my arm away lightly.

I backed away knowing he needs time for himself.