Chapter Thirty Four

Eleanor's eyes fluttered open and was taken aback at where she found herself. Her eyes darted around the room and she rubbed them multiple times to make sure she wasn't dreaming and so she could adjust with the amount of sunshine pouring through the blinds. Her old bedroom in her parents house didn't change at all, she thought as she swung her legs out the twin sized bed and walked to her desk. She looked at her old textbooks on the shelf and blank parchment on the desk. 

"How did I get here?" Eleanor muttered and opened her bedroom door and walked down a short hallway into the kitchen. 

"Good morning Ellie, hungry?" She froze in the doorway and watched as her mother flipped a pancake in the air. She made eye contact with her father as he read the Daily Prophet while sipping his coffee at the kitchen table. 

"What the-" Eleanor said and rubbed her eyes again; they were still there when she opened them back up. 

"What's wrong? Are you feeling okay?" Her father asked her. 

"Am I okay? I- you guys- how are you here?" She asked them in disbelief, but they just gave her the weirdest looks. 

"What do you mean darling?" Her mother asked while placing two pancakes on a plate and setting it in on the table for Eleanor. She didn't move from her spot in the doorway. 

"You guys are supposed to be dead." She merely whispered, but they still heard her. Her mother almost dropped the pan and her dad choked on his coffee for a second. 

"Dead? Ellie, we're far from that. What's the matter?" Her dad asked again. 

"Where's Newt?" She asked all of a sudden and began to slightly panic. 

"Newt? Who's Newt?" Her mother asked back. 

"Newt! My boyfriend. Where did he go? We were just in Egypt and now I'm home with you guys who have been dead for two years because of stupid dragon pox and what the hell is going on?" She yelled at her parents who were now looking at her like she was mad. 

"Eleanor, what are you talking about? You haven't been to Egypt. You also don't have a boyfriend." Her father said sternly as he stood up and walked towards her. He placed a hand on her forehead and shook his head. 

"You're burning up, you must have some kind of flu. Go lay down on the couch and maybe you'll feel better. I'm off to work." He said and swiftly left the two women alone in the kitchen. 

"Mom? Is that really you?" Eleanor asked as they stared at each other. Her mother smiled, but it wasn't a happy or reassuring smile.

"Who else would I be?" She asked and as she did, she watched her mother transform into the last person she ever wanted to be in a room with. 

"Did you miss me?" Samuel sneered. "I came to finish off what I started."

Eleanor went to grab for her wand, but it wasn't in it's usual pocket. In fact, it wasn't on her at all. She watched Samuel closely and saw something slide into his hand. It wasn't a wand though, and that scared Eleanor even more because it was worse. Much worse. Samuel held a knife in his hand and a wand in his other. He swept across the kitchen, but Eleanor was frozen in her place as if her feet were stuck in syrup. He held his wand into her ribs and the knife up to her cheek. 

"Didn't think I'd remember you after that little stunt you pulled back there?" He whispered into her ear and let his tongue graze the surface of her skin. Eleanor let out a whimper and tried to squirm from his grip, but he dug his wand harder into her ribs and slowly the knife into her cheek. She could feel something hot running down her face and then she could taste that all too familiar metallic flavor.