Chapter 26: Stark

Stark

~~~

"What are you talking about?" Lidia asks me and I sigh.

"You know what I am talking about. I know about Lyon and I know that you are not my actual Aunt. So, tell me who the hell you are," I tell Lidia as I walk up to her.

Lidia sighs as she holds her hand out to the seat at the kitchen table. I look at her one more time before sitting down and she then sits across from me. "You are right. I am not your biological Aunt, but I took care of you. I wanted to and I had to," she tells me and I look at her confused. Lidia places a hand on top of mine before continuing. "I was assigned by Nick Fury to watch over you once you escaped the Red Room," she tells me and my eyes go wide as I pull my hand from her.

"Nick? So you were a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent? Is that why Lyon is here?" I ask angrily.

"Yes, but I can explain," Lidia said reaching out but I stand up.

"Who am I?" I ask her and Lidia looks down. She twiddles her fingers before answering.

"You are a Stark," she tells me and I freeze. "You are Tony Stark's little sister. He was thirteen when you were born. Your parents, Howard and Maria wanted to protect you, so they sent you to the Devin family in Iceland. However, while they were asleep, HYDRA kidnapped you."

My heart stops at her words and I take a deep breath. "This doesn't make any sense. I don't remember anything of HYDRA. All of this doesn't make sense," I tell Lidia.

"It's because you were too young. HYDRA experimented on you. They got to the super soldier serum and used it on you, but they also had Lyon's blood. Which is why you only have some of the strength Captain America has and healing power," Lidia tells me and I start pacing, "You were transferred to the Red Room since you were a baby. They wanted to create their perfect assassin."

I walk up to a wall and punch it, leaving a hole there. "Evalina," Lidia says softly.

"I have been lied to my entire life!" I shout turning to look at her, "My life is a lie. Who else knew? Tony? Maria Hill? Did they know?" I ask her.

"Tony only knows that he lost his baby sister. He doesn't know it's you and yes, Hill did know," Lidia tells me and my heart drops.

My best friend knew about everything and lied to me.

"It was done to protect you," a third voice says and I quickly pull my pistol out of it's holder before pointing at the man.