6.6 jealously, jealously

Y/N's pov ϟ

"Look, I can't help it if she's got her knickers in a twist," Ron told us as the three of us walked down the crowded hallway.

"What Lav and I have, well," Ron chuckled as we turned the corner. "Let's just say, there's no stopping it."

Harry chuckled awkwardly as Ron strutted down the hallway.

"It's chemical. Will it last? Who knows? Point is, I'm a free agent."

Hermione refused to be in the same room as Ron, besides class, so the only times we were able to talk to her together was in the library.

"He's at perfect liberty to kiss whomever he likes. I really couldn't care less," Hermione ranted as she placed the books back on their respective shelves.

"Was I under the impression he and I would be attending Slughorn's Christmas party together?" Hermione took a sharp breath before continuing. "Yes. Now, given the circumstances, I had to make other arrangements."

Harry and I trailed behind Hermione as she finished putting the last book on the shelf.

"Have you?" I asked as the three of us leaned against the table. "Who are you bringing then?"

"Um," Hermione looked around. "It's a surprise."

I watched as someone caught Hermione's eye as she moved next to Harry.

"See that girl over there." Hermione motioned with her head towards the other end of the aisle. "That's Romilda Vane. Apparently she's trying to smuggle you a love potion."

I looked over to see Romilda Vane, nearly drooling as she stared at Harry. I scoffed as she started biting her pen, looking at Harry seductively.

I grimaced as I glanced away, disgusted as I crossed my arms.

"Hermione?"

"Yeah?" Hermione turned to look at me.

"I'm sorry in advance."

"Sorry for what-"

I pulled Harry by the collar, making sure that we were in Romilda's view as my lips slammed against his. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I deepened the kiss.

I pulled away and glanced at Romilda, who was now glaring at me. I gave her a fake smile as I looked her up and down.

I heard Harry snicker as I turned to look at him, an amused expression plastered on his face.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," Harry responded, his face upturned in a large smile.

"Anyways, what were you saying?" I asked Hermione, who still looked stunned. 

"Nevermind," she said quickly, spinning around to look for another book. 

Harry and I spent a few hours with Hermione in the library, sitting with her as she ranted whilst finishing her homework. The sky quickly darkened as Hermione pushed us out of the library, telling us that she couldn't focus with us looming over her assignments. 

"Was that jealousy?" Harry snickered as we left the library.

"I was not jealous," I retorted as we turned the corner. "She was just being a little too explicit with her feelings."

"So jealousy."

I turned to look Harry in the eye. "I was not jealous!"

"Sure," Harry stifled his laugh as he raised his eyebrows at me. "You know, if you want, I could snog you whenever she comes into my sight."