Chapter 12: Shopping for Sadness

The car came to a halt, shaking me out of my thoughts and leaving me time to realise that we were inside the town that I had only once ever been in before, when Sedrick got kicked out of the music last.

We had stopped in a car parking space outside a posh boutique in a well off area of town.

The boutique was called "Clothes to Die For", the writing was written in blood and the outside of the shop had a big window that was blacked out so you couldn't see anything inside.

"Come on, lets go and shop 'til we drop!" Serena shouted and pulled me out of the car. She recoiled a little when she stepped into the sun but she seemed to get used to it within a matter of mili seconds.

Serena pulled me into the shop, not in a mean way but in a very excited and doesn't realise her own strength way.

The shop was bigger then it looked on the outside, black linoleum tiles on the floor, dark purple walls that were iluminated with red lights, black shelves and clothes racks that were covered in dark coloured clothes, dark coloured heels and boots, dark themed jewellery and sheleves with black and purple perfumed bottles on them.

It was goth heaven.

Along the back wall, there was a doorway that had been covered with a black, floral patterened curtain, and just to the left of it was a woman wearing gothic glothes, stood behind a counter that had red burning candles on.

"Hello Serena! How are you today? Who's your friends?" the woman said.

The woman looked young, black hair but with red and purple streaks in that was tied up in a messy bun on her head, purple eye contacts in her eyes that had been heavily lined with eyeliner, mascara and eye shadow, white face make up to make her look pale and black lipstick on her lips. She had on a red corset that made her look really slim around her waste, a red layered skirt that had black lace over it and lots of jewellery that was studded and had skulls on them. The girl looked quite rebellious because apart from the clothes, she had piercings all over her face and then from her neck, right down her arms, tattoos spread.

"Hey Shadow, this is Candice and then you know my brother Sedrick." Serena replied, walking to a nearby rail of leather coats and looking at each one with longing.

"Hey Candice and of course Sedrick. Why don't you guys have a look around, I have something I wanna show you Serena that came in yesterday but the boss wants our very best customers to have first glance at. It is A-May-Zing!" she said and then disappeared behind the curtain.

"Have a look for something whilst I'm gone, you've gotta look amazing for Saturday and so here's the best place you can be." Serena instructed and then disappeared behind the curtain aswell.

I walked over to a rail that had black dresses on but I wasn't really even looking, I was just distracting myself from my thoughts.

I fumbled with the material of one dress, even though I hadn''t even seen what it looked like but it felt like the same material that a scarf my mother brought for me had.

"I know you're making the wrong decision." Sedrick said from out of the blue. He used vampire speed so that he was on the on the other side of the dress rail, inches from my face.

I stumbled backwards, still not used to the quickness and suddeness of vampire speed, "Could you please stop doing that?" 

"I'm sorry but I do know that you're making the wrong choice." he repeated.

"What? What do you know about it?" I asked, annoyed. 

"I know that you don't love him, I know that the only reasons you want to get married for is love. I know that you hate Malik and I also saw the look on your face the minute that Serena came and was all Serena about it, you don't want people to know that you're 'in love' with a vampire because you're ashamed of it!" he shouted.