Prologue

I looked under my lashes, as I sat on our wedding bed, towards my husband as he entered the room before he locked the room behind him. My heart thumped in my chest as Manik came and sat beside me before he covered my hand with his, making me flicker my eyes to his, our gaze clashing with each other.

His thumb traced the bangles on my wrist before he scooted closer to me. My breathing accelerated as he slowly raised the veil covering my face and our eyes met. 

"Nandini, I promise as your husband that you'll be respected and loved. But, for that I want you to respect my family and allow me as well as them a chance to cherish, care and maybe even love you. I promise that you won't be disappointe but a relationship works both ways, and I can't be the only one doing everything to keep it stable. So, the only thing I want from you is to give all of them and me a chance to do so." I contemplated his words before I slowly nodded.

A shiver ran down my spine as his hands moved from my bangles and slowly traced my arms before he cupped my cheek. His thumb flickered open the nath on my nose as he gave me a questioning look. I nodded my head, giving him my consent before he came close to me and his lips pressed against my own.

Soon, our clothes laid discarded on the floor, my moans and his grunts of pleasure filling the room as I became his in the closest way possible.

If you liked the prologue, do join me in this journey of manan as they overcome the obstacles of today's marriage filled with passion, care and love