Chapter 3

You were in the robes along with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. You sat next to Harry feeling a bit sleepy. But Dumbledore began to speak.

"Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see Hogwarts has been choosen..."

You see Filch Tun to professor and tell him something, and then he ran back. Professor Dumbledore

"So Hogwarts has been choosen to host a legendary event. The Tri-Wizard tournament. Now for those of you who do not know, the tri-wizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single contestant is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if choosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted, but more of that later. For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic and their headmistress Madam Maxime."

The door opened and a group of girls appeared, all wearing the same color uniform, and with every skip they did an exhale. You could see all the boys check them out and you rolled your eyes. Once they reached the end they opened their tiny coat and butterflies came out. They both and everyone applauds. You then see a big woman follow behind them.

"Blimey, that's one big woman." Said Seamus

"And now our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and the high master Igor Karkaroff."

The doors opened again but this time just boys appear, they put on a show as some held sticks with a sparking effect at the end. They did flips and once they reached the end they breathed fire.

"Blimey! That's him!"

"Viktor Krum!" Said Ron

You giggled. Everyone began to eat you and Harry were having laughs as did Rin and hermione. The four of you were happy.

*time skip*

You had had finished eating

"Your attention please! I would like to say a few words. Eternal glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the tri-wizard tournament. But to do this that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks."

"Wicked." You heard Fred say

"For this reason the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the department of international magic cooperation Mister Bartimus Crouch."

You notice someone walk in, and then there was thunder from above and then it started to rain. Gasps and screams erupted the hall and all you did was laugh. Harry wiped his glasses, the strange man points his wand upwards and it stopped.

"Bloody hell, it's Mad-Eye Moody."

"Alastor Moody? The aura."

"He was a catcher. Half the cells in Azkaban are full thanks to him. He's supposed to be mad as a hatter though these days."

You and Harry were curious as who he was and what was his history.

"My dear old friend, thanks for coming."

"That stupid roof."

Mad-Eye turns so no one sees him take a drink.

"What's that he's drinking do you suppose?" Asked Dean

" I don't know but I don't think it's Pumpkin Juice." Mumbled Harry

"After much deliberation the ministry has concluded that for their own safety no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the tri-wizard tournament. This decision is final." Said Mister Crouch

Everyone then began to boo

" That's rubbish! You don't know what you're doing!"

"Silence!" Yelled Dumbledore

Dumbledore then flicks his wand as a stand appears, it opens and blue fire spurs out.

"The goblet of fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves for the tournament merely write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly, if choosen there's no turning back. As from this moment the tri-wizard tournament has begun."

You all were dismissed and began to walk back to your dorms. As you were with the trio you felt someone grab your shoulder.

"Hey... y/n did you like the flowers?"

You smiled at Cedric, hermione, Rone and Harry decided wait for you, but of course they turned the corner. What you didn't know was that they were eavesdropping

"I did Cedric they were lovely."

"Uh that's good, so I was thinking maybe we can go in a date, You know somewhere on castle grounds and just get to know each other better."

You blushed

"Of course that'll be lovely Cedric ! Tomorrow ?"

"Yeah! I'll send an owl."

He walked away but he stopped and turned back around, he gave your cheek a kiss and smiled

"Cant wait to see you."

You then see him leave. You blushed deeply, so you turned around and continued to walk that's when you see your friends waiting talking among themselves.

"Sorry guys ! Hope I didn't make you wait long." You smiled

*time skip*

You were in your dorms writing letters, to your mother and one to Professor Lupin.

"So y/n! Everyone saw that Cedric kissed you!"

You quickly turned around

"What- he didn't kiss me ! Mione he just kissed my cheek."

"We'll mostly everyone knows Cedric has the hots for you! I mean who doesn't."

"What? I thought no one liked me."

Hermione huffed, she then sat on your bed.

"Y/n are you that blind! Since you were new everyone had a crush on you! Fred, George think your pretty cool, of course. And we'll there is Seamus, and Dean, oh and don't get me started on the other houses."

"Woah Hermione, i just thought everyone thought that I was weird, transferring in a new year."

"No don't be silly y/n. From what I know, it makes it four counting Cedric from Hufflepuff, three from Ravenclaw, and 5 from Slytherin... that includes Draco malfoy ! Which is - ugh."

You laughed

"Jesus Mione how'd you know."

"Do you know how many go up to me asking about you last year ? Too much to count. But I did anyways. "

"Draco likes me ?" You blushed

"Oh my god ! You like Draco!-"

"No! Mione..."

"It's just.. I don't have a girl to talk to so I got excited. I'm sorry."

"Who needs boys Mione. I'm sure most of them will be trying for the tri-Wizard competition, they don't have time to think for a girlfriend this year."

Hermione rolled her eyes...

"Whatever you say. Just admit it, most of the girls are a bit envious that you stole their crushes heart."

"Well hopefully they don't try to poison me." You stated

"Oh I keep hearing scratching coming from your suitcase. What do you have?"

"Want to see !?"

"What-"

You opened your suitcase

"Capacious extremis"

A white light appeared, you stood up and began to walk into your case and hermiones eyes widen

"Y/n- how- that's advanced magic !-"

"Just join me hermione!"

She obeyed, following after you into your suitcase.