Chapter 8

L I L I T H

The next day came quickly and I am on my bed thinking about my family. I have to meet them and tell them the truth about me and mom. Also, I have to find mom. I am not yet sure if she is alive or dead. Yet I have to meet my family, I promised mom. But I can't meet them until that biggest enemy is still inside that house.

Breath.

I got up and quickly get changed my clothes. Then I grabbed my bag and dash towards the dining room. Everyone has started breakfast. Bexley looks at me and gives me her bright smile. I smile back and sit beside her.

Sometimes I wonder how she even smiles after going through hell. She is the strongest person I ever meet. I am nothing compare to her. Well, she is my idol.

When we finally completed our breakfast Rosie looks up at me.

"Lilly please don't get in a fight against Martinez. They are cruel and rule this country. They won't think twice before killing you." Rosie said with a worried tone. I nod at her.

"Lilly, don't lose this time," Bexley warns me.

After that, we left for school. As usual, Rhea left towards the popular group while the rest of us stayed. Bexley, teegan, and Paisley start chatting with each other while Carter stands away in deep thoughts. Marcel starts a conversation with Callum.

Suddenly someone hugged me from behind I tense up.

"Relax, it's me. Babygirl." Luke said to me from behind.

I sighed in relief. Lukeccomessse in front of me. He kissed my forehead and give me comforting hug. Tyler glance at us in confusion.

"I still didn't understand your connection," Tyler said to us.

"What the heck do you want, Martinz," Carter said in a cold tone.

"Leave Lilly alone," Marcel said glaring at luke and Tyler.

There is something I don't know.

"And who the heck are you to stop me from talking to her," Luke said with full authority.

"Don't hurt her. She has to do nothing with gangs." Marcel said calmly.

Luke chuckles darkly.

"I won't ever hurt her. And you stay away from her." Luke told them.

"Guys, stop. Don't fight Rosie will be upset. And luke didn't even harm her." Paisley tries to stop their war.

I didn't give them much attention cause my eyes lands on rian. He is in a black hoodie. Leaning on the wall he looks in deep thoughts.

What's wrong with my brother? Why he is always sad?

I don't like to see him sad. I want to run and hug him right here but I am afraid what if he will reject me or he won't recognize me. It will break my heart.

"Look luke, our Lilly has a crush on rian." Tyler's remark made me come out of my thoughts.

I look at him and give him my best glare. Luke looks at me with sad eyes. He pats my back.

"I will meet you after school. I need an explanation." Luke said in a strict tone.

"Oh, I know. Lucas wants to see me." I roll my eyes.

"How do you know?" Luke asked in a fake expression.

"Luke." I glare at him. He just chuckles. "right baby see you later," Luke said and left with Tyler.