Chapter Fifteen

Eric's POV

------------------------------

"Wake up."

"What?" she groans and stretches her arms, furrowing her eyebrows with closed eyes.

"Wake the fuck up."

------

"Goodbye cities, goodbye fancy restaurants, goodbye alcohol..." I've been listening to Davina say pointless goodbyes to anything she sees out of the window as we drive along the road. "...goodbye freedom, goodby-"

"Shut the fuck up," Alex groans, annoyed and irritated. "You started when we left the hotel, which was twenty fucking minutes ago."

She shoots him a glare with narrowed eyes. "Well, you're not the one's who about to be handed over to the Mexican mafia don in exchange for two people you don't even know, so why don't you shut the fuck up?"

"Sounds like an ish-you, not an ish-i, so shush."

"I'm about to stab you in the eye, so shush."

I shake my head as a short period of silence begins. The only thing we can hear is the car and outdoor sounds, as well as the almost-silent sound of me mumbling, "Ti stiamo facendo un favore."

Alex and I have a plan that Davina is unaware of. Actually, the only people who are aware of this plan are the two of us. It's risky, but do-able if done right. And if done by the right people.

Finally, after a twenty-minute drive which felt like five hours, I slow the car down as we've reached our destination. I turn the car into the small parking lot and park in the middle of three empty spaces. Davina confusingly eyes the rather old-looking building before turning to me.

"Where are we?" she asks.

"Read the sign, why don't you?"

She tilts her head up and leans closer to her window, trying to get a better view of the dull sign at the top of the building. "A motel?"

"Yes."

"Why are we at a mote-"

"Shh," I dismiss her with my finger, leaving it in the air as my other hand holds my phone to my ear. "Stai arrivando? Quanti minuti ancora? Okay."

"Who was that?"

"Victor."

"What did he say?"

"Nothing that concerns you," I sigh, opening my car door and get out, leaving Davina and Alex in the car.

I pull out a pack of cigarettes, taking one out and lighting it, shoving the box back in my pants pocket. I continue to smoke before dropping it to the ground and squashing it with my shoe when I see a black BMW X5 pull over in front of the motel. Three men wearing all-black suits come out of the car and approach me.

We exchange a few words and, after a while, I lean over to the side to see a girl in the backseat of the car with a brown bag over her head, hands tied in her lap. Her face isn't visible, but I can see medium-length, brown hair falling straight over both her shoulders.

"Sai cosa fare?" I ask the men in front of me.
[Do you know what to do?]

"Si signore," they reply in unison.
[Yes, sir.]

"Buona. Contattami quando è fatto." The three men nod and return to their vehicle, I do the same.
[Good. Contact me when it's done.]

------

"Father," I nod at my dad as I enter the compound.

"Eric," he responds. "How did it go with the exchange?"

"Just as planned," I tell him, "Flynn and Dex are on their way back with Victor and Jaxon, Alex and I took a separate plane."

When I said it went 'just as planned', I technically wasn't lying. The plan was to hire three men whose identities are completely unknown to my father, and have them make the exchange with the Mexicans. But not with Davina. They were able to find a look-alike to hand over instead. Of course, she wouldn't have looked exactly like Davina—no one looks like her, she's a Goddess. But Francisco doesn't know what she looks like.

My dad thinks we simply exchanged the 'Davina' we kidnapped for our two soldiers whilst also returning Isabel. But we were able to go through with the new plan without being caught by him, thankfully.

The problem now is, once that girl regains consciousness, she will surely tell Francisco she isn't the Davina he was promised. He might believe her, he might not, he might kill her, he might not, we'll never know. All we know is that that girl is in his hands now and his control. Whether she's completely innocent or she isn't, there's nothing we can do to get her out of there without risking our lives as well.

I do feel guilty about what we did. I know that innocents don't deserve to be tortured, killed, kidnapped for selfish reasons. But I felt the need to keep Davina safe, and I don't know the fuck why, and it scares me.

"Perfect," my dad smiles. "We leave for the meeting in two hours."

According to my dad, the American mafia don wants to create an alliance between the American and Italian mafias. The American mafia isn't the biggest, nor the most powerful mafia. Certainly not even second on the list. But being in an alliance with them surely would be an advantage if we were to ever come to war with one of rivals, such as the Mexicans or the Russians.

Speaking of Russians, Davina hasn't mentioned yet if she wishes to return home. She is currently at one of our safe houses where no one will harm her. No one knows she's there but Alex and I. Lucas better keep his mouth fucking shut about this whole thing, or else I'll shove my gun down his throat and pull the trigger. Unless, of course, my own father doesn't kill us both first.

There haven't been any signs of the Russian mafia searching for the missing daughter of the boss, which is honestly suspicious. If I didn't know Davina's father disliked her so much, I'd think she's here to spy on us, but I know she isn't. I least I hope she isn't. If she is, then everything that's been done to protect her has been for nothing.

I don't have much of a plan for what I want to do with Davina. I obviously can't hide her in the safe house forever; my father or anyone working in the mafia would find out eventually. The other and best option is letting her go back to her family, but from what she's told me, I'm positive she doesn't want to go back there. If Yuri was still alive, then maybe, but he isn't.

Davina can take care of herself at the safe house, for now. I left her a phone so she can contact me in case of emergency. Right now I just need to focus on this alliance we might have we the Americans and keep an eye on Francisco.

------------------------------

i have exams next week pray for me

im ninety-eight percent sure ill one-hundred percent fail all of them, but thats okay, theyre only worth fifty percent of my grade ☺️

if the questions arent multiple-choice then ik im fucked

anyways, comment and vote!

ALSO i apologise for using the 'r' slur in the last chapter. i had no idea it was an offensive word, i literally thought it was just another word for idiotic. i changed it now, but sorry again