Ch107 - Her Zhao Zhao

Once surprise came suddenly, the first reaction of the human brain wasn’t ecstasy but the suspicion if this was real. Facing the emotional Lin Shen and Yu Dushu, his brain buzzed and he subconsciously looked back at Yan Ting. As long as Yan Ting was present, his heart wouldn’t be restless.

Yan Ting saw that Li Zhao wasn’t responding and was reluctant to let him free outside. “Uncle and aunt, let’s go inside to talk.” 

“Yes, yes.” Du Yushu nodded in a choked up manner. “We can’t freeze the child.”

Lin Hong, who was behind the Lin Shen and Du Yushu couple, couldn’t help looking at Yan Ting a few more times. His eyes fell on Yan Ting and Li Zhao’s interlocked hands.

Du Yushu carefully held Li Zhao’s arm, afraid that Li Zhao would be unhappy if she gripped too strongly. However, she was also afraid that Li Zhao would disappear if it was too light.

“I…” Li Zhao opened his mouth. He wanted to ask if they were really his parents but he couldn’t ask. 

As a child, he imagined his parents countless times. He expected them to take him away but they never came. After waiting too long, he almost forgot to wait. He wanted to ask them where they had been all these years and why they didn’t look for him. However, he couldn’t ask when facing the almost crying Du Yushu. A soft handkerchief was placed in Li Zhao’s hand and he turned to look at Yan Ting.

“Don’t cry.” Li Zhao didn’t know whether to continue calling her aunt or to call her mother. This scene was so unreal that he couldn’t say it.

Du Yushu had always been an elegant woman who smiled with a unique style. Yet at this moment, she was just a mother full of guilt and love.

“Zhao Zhao, I’m sorry. Mom is sorry to you.” Du Yushu’s tears were falling down. Li Zhao hesitated before reaching out to hug Du Yushu.

The moment Li Zhao hugged her, Du Yushu howled. This cry was so sad that it pulled Li Zhao out of his unreal trance. He gently patted Du Yushu’s back, his movements very gentle.

Lin Shen looked at the tender and considerate child and had to take off his glasses to wipe his eyes. He was unable to speak for a long time.

Lin Hong sat next to his brother. He saw Li Zhao and suddenly remembered something. 11 years old, Lin Shen had inadvertently read a report on a child being abused by his adoptive parents on the Internet. At the time, there was little concern about this report but his brother sympathized with the child. That night, he wrote an article against child abuse. All sectors of society paid attention to the article about protecting minor children written under a pen name that was published in the authoritative newspaper, ‘National Daily.’

After this article was published, it attracted the attention of people from all walks of life and the paper and Internet media rushed to report on it. It was said that shortly after public opinion fermented, the relevant local authorities helped the abused child start a new life and the matter was resolved in a satisfactory manner. 

The abused child 11 years ago…

Lin Hong took out his phone and searched for Li Zhao’s information on the Internet. Then the anger in his anger couldn’t be dispersed for a long time.

Li Zhao… was the child.

Facing Li Zhao’s comfort, Du Yushu’s mood finally returned to normal. She hurriedly explained what happened in the past.