𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

"BYE KENMA!" you waved at the boy with the pudding hair

"BYE KENMA!" you waved at the boy with the pudding hair. he waved back at you and went into the inn. "bye tetsu." you elbowed his stomach and smacked his arm. "ow! what was that for?" he yanked his hand away looking offended.

"no reason. now go!" you pushed him towards the inn and ran back to where iwaizumi was standing. "let's go." you cheered and walked next to him . you took your phone out of your pocket and started to scroll through the group chat bokuto created.

"you seem really close with that kuroo guy." he stated and you snickered. "yeah, we got pretty close after the camp last week." you simply answered and a smile plastered on your face as you typed your reply to the group. "who are you texting?" hajime crouched down a little, attempting to take a look at your phone.

"oh, just some friends i made during the camp." you simply answered and went back to typing, not thinking much about it. "so who else were at the camp?" iwaizumi attempted to start a conversation to clear off the awkward tension between you.

there were no response from you, but you only let out a chuckle with your eyes glued to the phone. "uh, y/n?" hajime called your name and tap on your shoulder. "huh? i'm sorry, i didn't hear your question." you quickly shoved your phone into your pocket and instantly felt bad.

"it's no big deal, i just asked who were there at the camp." hajime shrugged and shoved both his hands into his pocket. "ohhhh! there were lots of them. there were about five teams including us i think? fukurodani was there too." you gleed. "fukurodani? they're a powerhouse." he simply muttered and you only nodded.

you noticed he seemed uneasy. "hey, are you okay?" the question slip through your lips and he only nodded silently. you took it that he didn't want to talk about it so you drop the subject, silence overtaking you guys once again.

"i just haven't seen you since you got back... you know?" he softly said under his breath. "i think i... i must've missed you or something," he mumbled and glanced at you before looking away again. a smile quickly formed on your face and you tugged on his sleeve.

he stopped in his tracks and stared at you. "what?" he asked with his eyebrows raised. "can i hold your hand, iwa- chan?" you teased. "oh come on, not the iwa- chan!" he groaned but laughed at how you were influenced by oikawa. "come on, it's a nice name!" you giggled. "so can i?"

"you know you don't need to ask." he quickly grab your hand and intertwined it with his, swinging it as you both walked. you were both silent for a moment before he broke the silence. "say, y/n, do you... like kuroo? like, more than friends?" he questioned. "i don't know what happened between you guys during the camp, but-" you cut him off before he could continue.

"iwa." you let go of your hands and stepped in front of him. "would you be less worried if i told you he's just a friend to me?" you cupped his face in your hands. he was silent for a moment, then he slowly nodded his head. "yeah."

"so... is he just a friend?" he asked. "yes, iwa. he's just a friend." you assured him with a smile and letting go of his face, your hands making their way down to his hands again. you didn't understood where this was coming from, but you didn't want to think too much about it.

you took your phone out again due to the constant vibrating it caused in your pocket. it was the group chat again, and bokuto and kuroo were spamming. you subconsciously released your hand from iwaizumi's and tapped on the small screen.

iwaizumi felt a little upset that you just loosened your hand from his grip, but he didn't want to seem possessive or unreasonable. he shoved his hand back into his pocket and watched as your face lit up with a smile. "my god..." you mumbled and laughed.

new messages from 'literal gods + y/n'

bokubro 🦉:
aGASHeEeEEhH

akaashi🌹:
yes? bokuto- san

bokubro🦉:
DID YOI SEE MU SHIRT AGASSHEE

akaashi🌹:
you mean the owl one, bokuto- san?

bokubro🦉:
YES THAT ONE

akaashi🌹:
yes, bokuto- san
its still at my house

science dork🤩:
WOWOWOW 👁👄👁
what's up w you both 😋

science dork🤩: WOWOWOW 👁👄👁what's up w you both 😋

you:
damn😏😏😏😏😏
akaashi and bokuto 😏😏😏😏

akaashi🌹: i promise youit's nothing like thatbokuto just spent a night herethat is all

akaashi🌹:
i promise you
it's nothing like that
bokuto just spent a night here
that is all

science dork🤩:
pFft-

you:
HHHHHHHH
akaashi ?? 😀
you kinda exposed
yourself buddy😗😆😃😇😍🥰

you chuckled and shoved your phone into your pocket again. you stopped in front of your house and faced iwaizumi. "oh, wait here." you told him and hurriedly ran into your house. you grabbed the white and blue colored jacket that was folded neatly in your room and dashed back outside. he stood there waiting, dumbfounded. "here," you handed it to him while trying to catch your breath.

"i forgot to give it back to you, i'm sorry it took so long." you looked up at him apologetically. "it's okay, y/n." he grinned and took it from you. "thank you, goodnight dummy." he teased and ruffled your hair. "goodnight to you too!" she grinned and left to enter her house.

he stood there and watched the back of the girl getting further and further away. he didn't understood why, he wasnt the type to feel jealous or insecure. but he didn't feel comfortable with kuroo hanging around you, probably because he saw the way kuroo looked at you when you weren't watching.

it was the same way iwaizumi looked at you.

_________________________
a/n: pls i literally dk what this is
_________________________