Chapter 45

I yawned loudly, still feeling sleepy, rolling over the bed to reach for my phone.

1:30PM?!

I realized I was still in Faith's room so I screamed, "Faith!"

She ran out of the bathroom, drying her hand on her skirt. "Is there any problem?"

"Why didn't you wake me up?!"

"I'm so sorry for not waking you up. We both watched a lot of movies till it was past midnight and I thought you needed to sleep more."

I frowned at her for a while then sighed after noticing the worry on her face. "I'm sorry for yelling at you. It's not your fault. I'll have a bath. Please bring my clothes from my hotel room, I don't want to return there looking like a stinky mess." I yawned.

"Okay. You can use any of the unused towels in the bathroom." She smiled tiredly.

"No problem." I rolled out of bed and left for the bathroom.

After my morning rituals in the bathroom, I took a towel from a rack of towels with the label 'New', wrapped it around my body and returned to the bedroom.

Faith was sitting on the bed with my clothes beside her.

"Is Hames there?" I asked, checking out the clothes she had brought.

"Yes." She said, looking very distant and worried.

"What's wrong?" I asked but she simply shook her head. "I shared my problems with you, you cannot not do the same."

She hesitated before speaking, "A- a woman... was... in your hotel... room." She stuttered.

"What?!" I screamed, wore my underwear and maxi dress as fast as I could and stormed to mine and Hames' suite without wearing my slippers.

Lucie was in nothing but a towel that ended just above her knees, sitting on Hames' lap. His shirt was unbuttoned as well and they were almost kissing.

The fire of anger in me was fueled and every form of control left me.

I stormed to them, slapped Lucie across the face really hard then yanked her by her hair, pulling her away from Hames. "I won't permit useless sluts around my husband."

She began screaming but I ignored her and threw her out of the room.

"My--" I didn't let her utter more words but slammed the door in her face.

I returned to Hames who had risen to his feet and was buttoning his shirt. He had a scary stern face on.

"What was that for?" He replied indifferently, picking his phone from the bed.

"Mister, you're taking things too far from a mere jo-" I was interrupted by his phone that started to ring.

He answered the call and placed the phone on his ear. "Hello?"... Silence... "okay, I'll be there very soon. Don't leave yet." He picked his car key and wallet from the nightstand, keeping his phone in his pocket.