Warmth | Armin x Reader

Prompt- Armin protects reader when she is harassed.

TW- Words of harassment and sexualization

"Alright well, don't stay out too late." Armin chuckled as you and him bid Eren and Mikasa good night.

"Don't worry, i'll watch him."

"Hey! I'm not some child that needs to be babysat." Eren shot back.

"Well..." Mikasa said, trailing off with a smile on her face.

The two of you laughed as you walked away, Eren and Mikasa bickering lightly as you intertwined you arm with Armin's and stepped out of the movie theater. The air was a good temperature, the summer evening cooling down yet still being comfortable enough for the shirt you were wearing. You and Armin chatted lightly as you made your way back to the barracks on foot. It was easy being with Armin. The two of you were so close and almost never argued- except for that one time over who got the last roll at supper but that's besides the point.

Eren and Mikasa watched the two of you walk off, a small smile on the girls face and an irritated expression on the boy's.

"I just wish he'd man up and ask her, that's all." Eren grumbled.

"Things like this are fragile. It takes time to win a woman's heart."

"Really? Cause you looked at me for like two seconds and- Ow!"Mikasa glared at him as Eren rubbed his now red cheek. "Bitch." Eren mumbled to himself.

"What was that?!"

"Nothing!"

Armin and you continued to walk, chatting lightly and overall just enjoying each others presence. That is, until the atmosphere you created what destroyed by slimy words.

"Hey there doll, you busy tonight?" the condescending tone was enough alone to make you shiver. You and Armin ignored the noise, continuing to walk. "Hey, it's nice to answer when talked to." The voice spoke again, it's owner stepping out of the shadows in the ally near you. Your heart felt like it was lodged in your throat, uneasiness coating your whole body.

"Listen sir, I don't want any trouble. Now if-"

"Come on pretty lady. I can give you the night of your life." he continued.

"U-uhm no. That's not very appropriate and I would appreciate it if you co-"

"Come on baby, I know you want it." he egged on, his voice sending shivers down your spine.

"No. I don't. Now please leave me and my friend alone."

"But with a body like that... i'm sure i'll be worth your while." His eyes roamed you greedily, bile rising inside you.

"No! I said no." you turned to leave, a hand gripping your forearm as you did so.

You barely had time to turn before the hold was gone. From your peripheral you could see the side of Armins fist slam down on the mans elbow, his hand letting go as he fell to his knees. Cries of pain came from him as Armin stepped between you and him.

"She said no." his voice boomed, practically assaulting the man, "I suggest you listen. Don't ever talk to her or anyone else like that, you here me? That is utterly disgusting and if it wasn't illegal i'd leave you in a mess of blood and bones. Now go home. And leave... us... alone!" with one shove the man fell backwards, hitting the dirt before he began to scramble and scurry down the alley from which he came.

"Damn. I hate scum like him." Armin muttered as he wiped his hand on his shirt.

"Thank you." you whispered. He turned to you, a small pitiful smile on his face.

"It's no problem, sorry I didn't step in earlier. You seemed to be doing fine on your own though and I thought you deserved to get some hits in." he chuckled a bit at the last part. "Let's go home, i'm tired and want a shower. I feel filthy after touching him."

"Your starting to sound like Captain Levi." you joked as Armin laughed with you.

"Yeah yeah, now come on."

He laid his hand over your shoulders and hugged you into him as the two of you walked. Though the situation was undesirable you were glad you had Armin there, his warmth protecting you in every way. A smile grew on Armins face as he felt you nuzzle into him. Soon, he thought, soon i'll ask her. I just have to find the right time. His thoughts were broken off by your voice, small and nearly a whisper.

"I think I love you."

Now, the time is now.

a/n- i love protective Armin. He's just adorable. anyway, sorry for my MIA. This doesn't exactly mean i'm back into daily posts but i wanted to make one to hopefully satiate my readers. also, we hit 300K reads!! holy shit! if i'm being honest, i never imagine i'd get even 100 reads but you guys are so amazing and completely shattered my expectations. thank you so so so much. i love all of you dearly and i'm very thankful for your support<3

who do you simp for most from AoT?
[Personally i can't choose. Armins probably #1 with Levi, Eren, and Hange following]

this idea credit goes to vanillacricket

I hope you'd doing okay love<3