Thirty

« 30FEELINGS »
~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~Talia's knees buckled as she fell to the ground

~~~•~~~
Talia's knees buckled as she fell to the ground.

Jocelyn's dead eyes stared back at her, blank and unstaring. Talia felt numb. She watched the person she cared for most rip the life out of the person she had known the longest. Of course, Talia knew it wasn't truly Alec, it was a demon who wore his face as though it were a doll.

She shuffled forward to the woman, in desperation she tried to press her hands against the wound, trying to stop the blood flow, even though a part of her recognised she was dead, Talia couldn't quite believe it.

"No, no, no," She shook her blonde hair away from her face, tears rising to her eyes in frustration as she couldn't stop the blood, "Why didn't you call for me? Why didn't you say something? I could've done something I-"

"Talia?"

She jumped slightly as she turned to the doorway, feeling her hair stick to her cheeks which were lathered in sweat, her wild eyes bouncing between the two figures at the doorway. She recognised them as Clary and Alec.

Alec's hand was still bloody. He looked between Talia and Jocelyn is pure confusion and concern, almost moving to step forward before Clary did.

"Clary no! Don't look Clary, don't..." Talia moved her body so it would block Clary's vision of her dead mother.

But Clary had already seen it. And Talia could see it in her face, and there was no point of trying to hold the blood into the body anymore.

"Talia, she's gone," She looked up into Alec's big blue eyes, reassured that it was him and no remnants of the demon resided in him. She couldn't hold his gaze for long, the sick feeling in her stomach remaining as she remembered the sick grin the demon wore on across his lovely features.

"Clary I'm sorry, I did everything I could," Talia rocked back on her heels and sat back, trying to stay away from the blood, but it would've made no difference. The slick ichor ran along her arms and across her chest, leaking into the surface of the thin black jeans.

Her shock had replaced the feeling of blood on her. But now it was all she could feel and she felt suffocated.

Suddenly she felt a pair of small arms wrap around her side and saw Clary's fiery hair buried into her neck as the younger girl held her tightly, her body shaking as she turned her head into Talia's shoulder, away from the body.

"Did I do this?"

Alec's voice sounded pained and confused and Talia looked to him with worried eyes. He may have despised Jocelyn for how she made Talia feel, but just like her, he never wanted to kill her.

"Alec it was the demon, I just couldn't get it out of you in time," Talia shook her head, wiping her hands on the tiles beneath her before patting Clary's small head soothingly, "I'm sorry."