Chapter 36

Hundreds of people milled about in the Oxford Street underground tube station; some were tourists with their expensive camera’s and fanny packs and others were just plain old Londoners like me. The gloomy atmosphere and the constant pinging of the ticket machine did not help to alleviate my sullen mood or my raging headache. I sighed in annoyance as the person before me in the queue made another failed attempt at validating their ticket; I wasn’t the only one who was annoyed. It was rush hour and people had places to be and one of them was not being stuck behind an incompetent moron. Seriously, all you had to do was put the ticket through the little slit! It’s not rocket science. After another minute or two and with the help of a ticket inspector the man finally passed through the barrier. There were shouts and cheers of happiness as the man headed towards his platform. I might have even cheered myself as he and his abnormally large suitcase turned the corner.

In two seconds flat my ticket was validated and I passed through the barrier. My Kurt Geiger hells clipped against the tiled floor as I headed towards Platform 9¾ ...haha, I wish! A thick London accent caught my attention. A man stood by his kiosk as he shouted out the headline of the day. I really needed something to read on the journey from Oxford Street to the little cafe I was meeting my brother in, in South Kensington. Otherwise I’d be stuck on the underground just awkwardly making eye contact with the people sitting across from me.

My face went pale as my eyes focused in on the glossy magazine on the newsstand. Oh God! I was beginning to feel lightheaded as I zeroed in on the title- “Assistant nabs Billionaire as boyfriend- Clichéd much!” On the front cover was a blown up picture of Iver and I kissing that was taken outside the airport this morning. I felt like dying; this was so embarrassing. I didn’t even realise that any paparazzi were there!

I ripped the magazine from the shelf and grasped it in my fist, my knuckles were turning white. With a glazed over expression I shoved a £5 note into the mans hand and then scurried off towards my platform. I collapsed in a seat and ripped open the magazine to the two page article on me and Iver. I started to read;

Girls...and boys ;), the billionaire playboy that we could always count on as being happily single for the rest of his life may just be taken. Shock horror! One of our paps took a sneaky snap of Iver Hamilton and his girl kissing goodbye at the airport in Florence. Oh how romantic! T

The girl who captured Iver’s icy heart is none other than Talia Connors his assistant. Clichéd I know but what you don’t know is that Conners is the heiress to her father Andrew Conner’s fortune. A business match made in heaven it seems! Although daddy dearest and our Italian stallion haven’t had any previous business arrangements in the past I can see one looming on the horizon and maybe even a little Iver Hamilton junior. Yes that’s right you heard it here first and it took me a while to comprehend too. Hamilton is not only settling down, he is also going to be a father. Scandal alert!

An inside source says that the child may not actually be his but a previous boyfriends child. Well little Miss Talia sure has been busy! But this cannot be confirmed or denied. Hamilton was not available for to comment when we stopped by his offices her in London earlier.

Another source also says that the too of them attended the fashion editor Callie Rivera’s wedding outside Florence. How chic! Not only did they attend the wedding together but Talia and Iver had a little rendez vous at his villa in Italy where they sat star gazing well into the wee hours of the morning. If you look closely at the picture on the right of Hamilton and Talia dancing at the wedding, you can almost make out a smile on his face. The usual stony faced Adonis exterior may actually be cracking!

Weep with me girls; the one man we once though was unattainable by any girl is now taken. If only we knew that capturing his heart was as simple as becoming his personal assistant.