Chapter 3: Y/n Black

Harry Pov

As we reached Hogwarts I felt exhausted and weak. It took all of my energy to drag myself to the great hall. I sat down and noticed Y/N wasn't there, she must have been getting ready to be sorted.

Y/N Pov

I walk into the great hall along with quite a few first years. I stood next to professor McGonagall as she called up each student to be sorted by the sorting hat. I watched as people from their houses cheered for their new house additions.

Eventually I was the only one left. "Y/N Black" professor McGonagall called out. The room fell silent and people started whispering to each other. I could feel the stares at the back of my head as I walked up to the sorting hat.

"Very loyal and very kind, and bravery isn't a lack. Highly intelligent but with a soft spot for trouble. Knows what she wants, but hides her emotion" The sorting hat said. He continued "a perfect match for all houses, but above all a strong leader with high ambitions with a mind that I have not seen in a very long time. I place you in.... SLYTHERIN!" I saw uncle Remus smiling at me and a professor with dark long hair eyeing me suspiciously.

Harry Pov:

I looked at Y/N in shock. How could she have been the daughter of the man who helped murder my parents, when she seemed so nice when I met her on the train earlier. Hermione keeps telling me that just because that she is the daughter of a murderer doesn't mean that she is one too. I know that Hermione is right as usual but that doesn't mean I wont avoid her at all costs.

Y/N Pov:

I smiled as I walked over to the Slytherin table. The Slytherins cheered for me at the top of their lungs. A girl with a bob hair cut signaled to me to sit next to her. She introduced herself as Pansy Parkinson as I sat down. "Are you related to Sirius Black in anyway" a boy with platinum blonde hair asked me. "I'm his daughter" I replied.

" I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." The platinum Blondie said. "Delighted to meet you" I replied smiling. A few others introduced themselves as well. I glanced over to the Gryffindor table and I saw harry looking at me with absolute distaste. 

I wasn't surprised. I knew he would hate me the moment he knew who I was. I continued eating and eventually went up to the Slytherin common room along with Pansy. I hadn't seen Uncle Remus after he was introduced to the Professor Dumbledore. I hoped he was settling in alright.