Chapter 7:He's been sighted

Y/n pov

I spotted Fred and George at the table and sat down with them. "Hey love" they both chorused. They always called me love and I didn't mind. They always treated me as if I were their sister, and I treated them as my brothers.

"Any boy troubles? I saw Adrian talking to you earlier" Fred asked smirking. "Oh don't worry, I was only turning down his offer to go with him to Hogsmeade." I replied smiling. We talked about a few pranks they had been planning and asked me to join in a few of them.

We were in a barrel of laughs when we heard Seamus yell "He's been sighted! He's been sighted!" I looked over to him holding a copy of the daily prophet."Dufftown, that isn't too far from here" I heard Hermione say glancing at me.

I walked over and saw my dad's picture plastered on the front page. "I realized they were talking about him and grabbed my book bag walking out of the great hall. I walked over to the gryffindor tower . I knew the password as I spent half my time there. I walked over to Harry's dorm and searched for his invisibility cloak.

I heard Hermione talk about it and I wanted to borrow it to sneak into Hogsmeade. I found the cloak under his bed in his trunk. I placed a note saying i'm sorry and I would return it back as soon as I could. I stuffed the cloak into my bag and walked out of the tower.

I heard someone following me and I walked faster. The person started walking faster as well. I looked back to see Ron following me. "I saw you walking into the dorm and I knew you weren't there to meet anyone. We have potions next and everyone was heading over to Snape's classroom. Hence there was no one in the dorm." He explained as he walked towards me.

"And I found this" he said, handing over the note I wrote. "Ron I have to do this, I want to see my dad, its been years, I just want to see him" I said tears forming in my eyes.

"He's a killer y/n, he killed 12 muggles and helped kill Harry's parents, he could hurt you" Ron replied trying to keep his voice down. I didn't want to argue so I just nodded my head and gave Ron the cloak. 

"I'm sorry, don't tell Harry I took his cloak, can we just forget about it please" I said. "Sure, but I want to know one thing, how did u know about the cloak?" He asked . I told him how I heard Hermione talking about it and apologized for eves dropping. I told him not to mention it to anyone and he promised not to. He offered to walk with me to potions.

"Ron I'm not going after my dad, okay? I can go on my own, I don't need a bodyguard, but ill still walk with you" I replied. We both chatted walking to the potions classroom. He sat next to me as we continued to talk. Professor Snape heard us talking and threatened to give us detention. We both shut our mouths and listened to what he was saying.

"He has a soft spot for you for some reason" Ron whispered to me as Snape turned around. I asked Ron what he meant. "If it was someone else he would have just gave them detention, but when it comes to you, he doesn't." He explained.

"I'm a Slytherin and he is as well, maybe that's why" I whispered back. "He hands out detention often, even to Slytherins, but to you he never does" he said. " I don't know why, but lets listen to him before he catches us again, even if he doesn't give me detention, he will definitely give you. You already have to do Malfoy's work for him, so lets not push your luck" I replied turning to the front of the class.