Chapter 9: Chocolate makes everything better

Y/n pov

I ran into my dorm and shut the door. I felt terrible and sobbed into my pillow. I heard a few knocks on my door but ignored them and continued to wail. I didn't want anyone to see or hear me crying. I had been strong all my life and wasn't going to give up now.

The image of my dad being dragged away kept replaying in my head, just like my nightmares, and made me feel absolutely dreadful. I heard pansy's voice at the door after a while. "Y/N let me in please, I just want to talk, please just let me in" she said with sadness in her voice.

I opened the door wiping away my tears. "you look terrible y/n, I think u used a bit too much powder as u look as white as a ghost" she said trying to cheer me up. I giggled and hugged her. Everyone needed a pansy in their lives and I was glad she was there in mine. Yes she could be terribly rude but she knew how to make someone cheer up easily.

I asked her what happened in DADA after I left. "Professor Lupin wanted to run after you, but obviously potter needed attention so he stood in front of the Boggart, and it changed into a Dementor, attacking him.Professor Lupin stood in front of him and the Boggart changed into a moon. He must be terribly afraid of the dark" she said laughing.

I asked her whether harry was alright. "This is the problem with you, you care too much about others. Here you are wailing about your father, and yet u ask whether potter is alright" she replied.

"Anyways the professor was searching for you after potter was saved. I told him you would be in the dorms and he asked me to bring you to him, and so you're coming with me" she said grabbing my arms and pulled me out of the dorm.

I knew that uncle Remus would want to talk to me, and so I didn't resist and walked with pansy to the DADA classroom. "How do you know Confringo curse? Its pretty advanced" Pansy asked as we walked. "I learned it at Dumstarngs, I was friends with many year sixes and they taught me" I replied.

"A bunch of guy friends?" she asked me smirking. "There were very few female students in Durmstrangs, I had a lot of guy friends, not the way you're thinking P" I said raising an eyebrow. She giggled and continued waking.

"Thank you Parkinson, you may leave now "Uncle Remus said from behind us. He hugged me as Pansy left. "I'm sorry I wasn't thinking, I should have known the Boggart would turn into that" he apologized. I smiled at him, trying my best not to burst into tears again. "Chocolate makes everything better" he said reaching into his pocket and pulling out a bar of chocolate. I smiled at him, taking a bite of the bar.

We stood there in silence for a while. "So Pansy told me a Boggart Dementor attacked harry" I said, breaking the tension. "I wanted to talk to you about that" he said. "Me?" I asked. "He needs to learn how to cast the patronus charm and you know how to" he continued. "He despises me, he probably wouldn't listen to a word I say" I replied.

"I know that, ill be there as well, I just wanted your help, you may be the only kid in Hogwarts who knows how to produce a patronus charm, and students tend to understand their peers better than their teachers" he reasoned. I gave up, and accepted to help Harry with the patronus charm when it was needed.