Chapter 15: I believe you have met my niece y/n

I walked over to the great hall. I hung out with Neville as he forgot to get his permission slip signed. We talked about Herbology and about a few magical creatures. "Why didn't you go to Hogsmeade?" He asked. "I forgot to get my permission slip signed Neville" I replied. "But how can you forget wh-when..." he said his voice softening.

"When what Nev?" I asked. "I'm sorry y/n I didn't mean to Eavesdrop but I heard you calling professor Lupin your Uncle the other day" he said looking guilty. "I'm sorry for spilling your secret y/n I shouldn't have said that" he apologized quickly.

"It isn't a secret Nev, it's just that I don't tell anyone anything about my family, he is my uncle, he pretty much raised me" I said. "Oh ok, let's change the subject if you don't want to talk about it" He said. I nodded and thanked him.

He understood how it felt to not want to talk about family as he had problems of his own. He often talked about them and I honestly thought him brave able to talk about it all. I had to eventually leave for tea with Uncle Remus.

He left to the greenhouse as I walked over to Uncles Remus's office. I sat there and helped myself to some tea and taking a seat next to him. We were talking before we heard someone coming in.

"Aah Harry, nice of you to join, please help yourself to some tea" Uncle Remus said as Harry walked in. Harry thanked him and sat next to me. "Hi Harry" I said smiling. "Oh hi y/n" he replied. He didn't seem to understand why I was there and looked quite perplexed.

"I believe you have met my niece y/n" Uncle Remus said causing Harry's eyes to open wide. "Niece?" He asked turning to me. "Yea he's my uncle, he pretty much raised me" I said smiling. "I think I did a good job didn't I" Uncle Remus said turning to me. "Maybe Uncle Remy" I said giggling a bit. "So professor Lupin is your uncle?" Harry asked still confused. I nodded.

"So Harry we know you have a fear of Dementors and there is a charm called the Patronus charm that deflects them. It is an extremely hard charm and takes a bit of practice to master it" Uncle Remus said changing the subject.

"patronus charm professor?" Harry asked. Uncle Remus nodded before continuing "I want to teach it to you when the time comes that you need to protect yourself". Harry seemed to understand.

"Y/n will help me with it as she knows how to conjure a patronus as well" Uncle Remus added. Harry turned to me in surprise. "Is it the spell you both used on the train when the Dementor attacked me?" He asked. "You noticed me casting it?" I asked back.

He shook his head yes. "Yes it is harry, it is harder to perform a silent charm than a full one, so it takes years of practice" Uncle Remus replied to Harry. Harry nodded understanding. We eventually started talking about something else and Harry opened up with me and actually seemed to enjoy himself. Uncle Remus told him all about Patronus's and how each full patronus was an animal that represented you.

Harry and I had to leave after a while as it was almost time for the others to come back. We walked out of the office and I walked away from Harry heading to the slytherin tower. "Shouldn't we be heading to the great hall as it's where the students who went to Hogsmeade gather?" Harry asked running up to me.

"Wow the great Harry Potter actually spoke to me properly without feeling weird" I said teasingly. "Yea I'm sorry about that y/n, I was a terrible person" Harry said apologetically. "It's okay Harry, it isn't exactly easy to be around the daughter of the person who helped murder your parents" I replied understandingly