Chapter 17:Y/n's missing

Hermione Pov

I saw a huge crowd in front of the Gryffindor common room. "The fat lady's been attacked!" I heard someone say. I pushed through to see the Fat lady completely disheveled, her clothes torn and her eyes filled with fear. Professor Dumbeldore rushed to the front of the crowd along with a few other professors. I found out that Sirius Black was the one that attcked the fat lady after asking Seamus.

Professor Dumbledore announced that we were going to be sleeping in the great hall. I walked over to the Great hall with Parvati and Padma and placed my sleeping bag next to Padma and Parvati. I walked over to Harry and Ron.

"Sirius Black is inside in the castle" I whispered to both of them. Harry nodded and pointed to Professor Lupin saying "Y/n isn't with him, if she was with him she would be here". I looked around and didn't see Y/n.

"You're right Harry, she isn't here" I said back. "The professors will find her, they're searching for Sirius Black" Harry replied. "That is, if she is in the castle" Ron added. "What do you mean Ron?" I asked. "she was going to search for her dad when he was first spotted in Dufftown, maybe she's searching for him now" Ron mumbled.

"How do you know this Ron?" Harry asked. "I stopped her from going, she had taken your cloak Harry and she was going to use it to sneak out of the castle" He replied. "The cloak is in my bag, I grabbed it when you all had gone into Hogsmeade, in case I needed it" Harry said opening his bag to show us the cloak.

"She won't be able to sneak out of the castle like that without the cloak, there are Dementors and the doors are locked" I said. "Y/n is the most powerful witch I have ever seen, remember our first DADA class where she exploded the cabinet with the boggart? She can perform worse spells then that" Harry replied. Y/n was indeed extremely powerful and talented. "What if she was attacked by Sirius Black like the Fat lady?" Ron said.

"Maybe, but we can't do anything about it, she'll probably return soon, and if she doesn't we can go tell professor Dumbledore" Harry and Ron nodded in agreement. I said my good nights and walked over to my sleeping bag.

I couldn't sleep a wink. I looked over where the Slytherins were sleeping and I didn't see Y/n there. Pansy Parkinson had laid a sleeping bag for Y/n which wasn't there anymore. She must have taken it down so none of the professor's noticed y/n wasn't there. I saw placing an illusion spell when the professor's were taking head count.

I heard Professor Mcgonagal's footsteps near me. I couldn't stay quiet anymore, I was extremely worried that Y/n was in some sort of trouble.I got up causing Professor Mcgonagal to take few steps back in surprise.

She clearly thought I was sleeping. "Professor Mcgonagal, Y/n's missing, she's been missing since after we came back from Hogsmeade" I said my voice lowered careful not to wake up anyone. "Miliicent Bullstrode had told me Y/n was with them. I counted the right number of students" She replied.

The slytherins must have been covering for Y/n. "No professor she wasn't with them, they must be covering for Y/n and must have placed an illusion spell of sorts when you counted, none of us know where she is" I said.

"Why wasn't I told this before?" She asked. "We thought she must have been with one of the professor's or got caught up doing something" I replied. Professor Mcgonagal didn't ask anymore questions and rushed over to Professor Dumbeldore and told him that Y/n was missing. They immediately rushed out of the great hall.