28: Surprise (?)

"Oh I forgot to tell you" Sungchan started, "I'm gonna be trying out to be part of the baseball team" he said, leaning on the metallic gray lockers while he waits for Donghyuck to finish getting his things for class

Donghyuck turned to him and smiled, "that's nice! Look at you finally showing yourself to everyone, especially for the baseball team!!" he bounced up and down which eventually made him accidentally untie his shoelace causing him to step on one of them, making his fall to Sungchan.

Luckily, Sungchan immediately caught him and wrapped his arms around the tanned male, "be careful" he said and took the hair strands that were covering Donghyuck's forehead to the side, he made the boy stand on his feet now and kneeled down, Sungchan tied his shoelace and looked up, "you should try doing a double knot next time" he said and smiled sheepishly.

The older rolled his eyes, "I'll keep that in mind" he said and got his things, "let's go?" Donghyuck asked and held hands with Sungchan.

Both boys happily walked to class with students eyeing them, how they walked, they smile at each other and most importantly how sweet they both held hands.

'Oh to be in Donghyuck's position right now'

'He's so lucky'

'Sungchan better treat him right'

Were some of the whispers that the students shared, they were envious as you can tell.

On the other side of the hallway, the black haired boy named Mark came inside holding a plastic bag, the one that's placed under his car, he hang his head low with a hidden smile on his face, maybe this food he bought will bring a smile to Donghyuck's face, it is his favorite after all, he remembers it completely. The first time they were together was in the car arguing on the food he bought to make Mina jealous.

"This is his locker all right" he whispered and opened it, he placed the plastic bag inside and smiled widely, when he closed the locker he felt a strong presence coming from his side, he looked at the person and he immediately felt scared.

It was Lee Jeno.

"What are you doing in Donghyuck's locker?" he asked, his voice showed anger.

"I- uhm, I just wanted to put the food I bought for him, that's all" he said, scratching his head.

Scoffing, Jeno looked to his front then back to Mark, "you really think those will win your Donghyuck back? Bullshit" he said, "listen, after what you did back at the party...it'll take you for a lifetime to earn his love and forgiveness again" Jeno added and stood up properly and adjusted his jacket, "oh yeah and thanks to you, my one chance on getting the person I love has been fucking wasted." he lastly said before leaving, bumping Mark's shoulder in the process.

The black haired boy was left offended, he felt sick to his stomach hearing all of those. Jeno reminded him of that night and he immediately remembered what he said and done to the three, he is truly for the three of them but he doesn't know how to apologize properly or even sincerely. Just like what he said to Donghyuck, apology isn't gonna do shit, no matter what kind of sorry he'll give to everyone, they'll still remain mad and it won't really help.

"Mark, my guy" Taeyong, the guy who dared him to date Donghyuck walked to him, putting his arm on the boy's shoulder, "be there at the audition later, k?" he said, "okay? Good, good" he added before leaving, not even letting Mark say yes or no.

Taeyong is also one of the assholes who became part of this whole mess, if only he kept his mouth shut this whole time and not blurt out those things like Donghyuck being a gay loser and Jaemin being called as one, then Mark's confidence shouldn't have increased to say more of those lies. If only Taeyong wasn't such an ass with those playful dares and words, then this wouldn't have caused Mark in a tight position.

When Mark was about to walk to class he stopped when he heard whispers coming from his back, he slowed his pace and listened carefully to the girl that was talking.

'Yeah, I got it...so I'll just put it in his locker and then?... Oh, I have to make the trap for it to splash into his pathetic little face?.... What do I get in return? I mean, I wouldn't mind getting my man, if only you'd help me...you're the best! okay whatever, I'm gonna impress you real good, bye bestie'

He heard and furrowed his brow, he was confused on who Yuqi was talking to but shrugged it off, he didn't want any trouble so he just walked it off and let the gods guide him throughout the day.

This chapter is short just like my patience lmao, but yeah don't worry, the next chapter will be a drama between the two tops.