Chapter Fifty Three

"Do you want me to pick you up?" Callum asked nervously.

"No, Amy's on her way to get me." I said, double checking my hair in my rear view mirror.

"And you're sure you're okay?"

"Yes Cal, I'm fine. I told you, I was just tired. I'll see you at school, alright?" I said to him.

"Okay, I love you. I'll see you soon."

"I love you too Callum." I responded, before ending the call.

I felt bad for lying to him, but if I told him where I was really going I knew that he'd try to stop me. I approached the building and saw Detective Clarke standing outside waiting for me.

"Thank you for coming Dylan." He said, once I approached him.

"It's no problem." I shrugged.

On the outside I looked like I wasn't bothered about what was about to happen, but inside, my stomach was in knots. My heart was racing, and my palms were sweating. My stomach felt like an empty pit.

As I walked into the building, I thought back to the conversation I had with the detective less than an hour ago, which led me to meeting up with him now.

It was 7am on the dot when he called me. I was already getting ready for my first day back at school.

"Detective Clarke?" I questioned, answering the phone.

"Good morning Dylan, how are you doing?" He asked, tentatively.

"I'm fine, what can I do for you?"

"Well, I know last night didn't exactly go as planned, but there was more I needed to discuss with you."

I sat down on my bed preparing myself for what he was about to say now.

"Kelly is refusing to speak to anyone. We have got nothing out of her in the past 48 hours. However, yesterday she spoke to me and told me that she will only answer our questions if you went to see her."

Was this girl actually serious?

He continued by saying. "It is completely up to you, but it would be very helpful if we got her to talk. There are a lot of unknowns about your kidnapping, so getting her to talk will be very beneficial for the investiga—"

I cut him off, responding "I'll do it."

"You... will?" He asked with hesitation.

"Yup, I'll come today. Before I go to school."

"You don't want to talk with your father or anything?"

"I'm an adult Detective. Do you want her to talk or not?" I said, irritated.

"Yes, of course. I'll see you in an hour then."

"See you then." I said.

"There will be a camera set up in the room, and two additional officers besides myself will be there with you." He said to me, as we walked into a well lit room.

"Okay." I nodded, walking to the chair he held out for me. As I sat down I began to regret coming here in the first place.

My phone started vibrating nonstop in my pocket. Pulling it out, I had multiple missed calls from Callum, Amy, and my father. It continued to vibrate with more calls and various text messages, so I turned it off all together.

I heard multiple footsteps coming from the hallway opposite the detective and I. I watched through a glass window as two police officers escourted a disheveled looking Kelly in a bright orange jumpsuit into the interrogation room. Kelly's hands and feet were bound by handcuffs as she walked with the men. Her hair was now jet black, she no longer had her piercings or makeup. Seeing her now, she looked so much less intimidating than she had before. Her eyes were on me the second she entered the room. A nasty smirk appeared on her face as they sat her in the chair across from me.