𝟑𝟑. 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞

" 𝐇ey pawpaw" Kafeyah smiled through the screen as she talked to her grandfather

" Hi my baby, you done forgot about me chile" he dramatically sighed.

" No i didn't" she protested " I just been busy paw. But i can come see you today if you'd like" she smirked knowing that he would say yes.

" You down south mook?" he asked cheesing.

" Yes" she laughed " I'm planning on moving back out here with my boyfriend"

" My baby done grown up, got a lil boyfriend and don't know how to act" he shook his head.

" Pawpaw!" she busted out laughing " Don't do that" she chuckled.

" But when can you come see me?"

" I told you i can come today paw" she shook her head.

" Awe shit my bad" he laughed " But bring that lil boyfriend of yours while you at it"

" I can't paw" she frowned " Um-he's out working"

" It's okay mook don't beat yourself up about it hm? Bring him next time sugar" he smiled

" Alright, well i should go now if i don't wanna get here too late"

" Alright mook see ya'. Love you baby"

" Love you too" she hung up.

She hasn't seen her grandfather since last year and it was safe to say that she dearly missed him. Kafeyah only knew his grandfather because sadly her grandmother died before she was born.

" KAMIRI!" she hollered jogging down the stairs.

" KITCHEN MOOK!"

Kafeyah made her way to the kitchen and saw Kamiri cutting onions while he made small talk with Angel.

" Oh hi girl" Kafeyah greeted her.

" Hi baby" she smiled.

" I'm going to see pawpaw, you want to come?" she asked sitting at one of the barstools.

" Nahhh ion' think this a good idea K" he shook his head.

" For why?" she asked confused.

" He still doesn't know that i'm alive mook. And honestly ion' know how ta' tell him" he truthfully answered.

" Another reason for you to come with me and tell him yourself. Cmon Kamiri" she insisted.

" Kulture fuck you want me to say? Hey paw i'm not dead no mo'? Fuck outta here" he waved her off.

" Well that's a good start" she weakly smiled

" Kafeyah bruh" he laughed " I'll go next time. I promise"

Kafeyah looked a him for a few seconds before sucking her teeth. " If you don't go with me next time i'll beat you the fuck up nigga" she threatened