Pressure//38

Pressure: Continuous physical force extended on or against an object by something in contact with it.
——————————————————————

"Hey,
I am hoping that you will find this letter, if you care enough to visit this place. You've been gone for a while and I can't help but wonder why? If I had done something, I'd appreciate you telling me rather than running away. Have you ever thought about how bizarre this scenario is? I won't say why in case someone else finds this letter, but I'm sure you'll know regardless. I'd like to talk to you in person, I know you aren't exactly the most talkative person but I don't mind. I will be back here next Saturday, if this letter is gone by then I'll take it as a chance. If not, I won't bother you again."

It hurt to leave that letter in the tree hole. Writing the last sentence made (Y/N)'s heart ache, knowing that if she finds her letter next Saturday she will probably never hear from Jack again. The girl had come to the terms that she had feelings for him, as awful as it sounded.

There was no logical explanation for it, Stockholm Syndrome didn't fit in the narrative of her situation. It was simply pure love. (Y/N) was scared of it, terrified even. It was a shame that she had no one to confide in - doing this alone truly felt like a nightmare.

The walk back from the forest was nostalgic, making her remember all those days she'd visit the tree in anticipation for the letters she would leave and receive.

The weather was normal for a February afternoon. Cold, lifeless with some snow here and there. Saturdays meant that a lot of people would be outside at a time like this, heading to the city or just walking around. (Y/N) however had no motivation to stay for herself and enjoy for a while.

Arriving home, she turned on the radio in her room and started to write down notes that she'd use for studying later. The music was like medicine to her during these cold days, warming her on the inside as much as it could.

Ignoring everything else that's been going on in her life, (Y/N) gave all of her attention to her studies. One of her hands glided over the paper, following words written on it while the other tapped on the table in the rhythm of the music.

When one of the cheery songs ended, the radio station host announced the news, which made (Y/N) stop everything she was doing and look towards the radio to listen. 

"Police advised all the citizens to be cautious due to the recent murders that have been happening in-" the radio cut off for a second, "Seven people have been killed in the past month, their limbs and organs missing. It is suspected that the murderer might have connections to the black market."

Right, she thought, they've been talking about the murders happening in the neighboring states.

She knew that wasn't Jack, the way that person killed wasn't even close to Jack's ways. Besides, the murders began happening two days after Jack left, there was no way for him to travel two states away from here and just randomly start killing people.

"Today's important news, the five people that have been reported missing in the past three days still haven't been found, and there hasn't been any new information. Stephen and Layla Davis, Mary Young, Peter Allen and Gregory Hill are the names of the five missing people. All of them lived in different locations around the town. The police advises our citizens to be cautious and not to go anywhere alone. They suspect of the killer that wreaked havoc last year in October, who still hasn't been caught. More on news at nine."