CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN

Liliya was sat in her usual spot in the library waiting for Alina. Her trip to the infirmary had been quick since Alina had done very little damage. Liliya had finally stopped going easy on Alina and the black-haired girl had not expected what she had gotten. Liliya felt guilty to some extent but Alina wanted it. Now she knew just how talented some of the Grisha were and she could prepare. Or, be aware of what could happen if she went against the Grisha.

Liliya's hesitance and anxiety about their plan had dissipated over the past few days. Aleksander had taken Alina out and then proceeded to give her a few days break from her work. She deserved it after the nightmare that had been her life so far. Liliya had forced herself to stay away from Alina for those few days, observing from afar as she spent time with Nadia, Marie or Genya. In truth, she had missed the girl but now they were back together and she was just waiting.

"You look awful," Liliya commented as Alina strolled into view. She was redressed in her kefta. It was a silk matieral since they had yet to switch to the winter keftas. It was still far too warm outside for the thick wool. However, whatever material Alina was wearing she always seemed to hold an air of elegance even when she was fumbling.

"I was only just allowed out of the infirmary," Alina defended as she moved to next to the redhead. Liliya smiled softly and tilted her head, admiring Alina's face. Letting her gaze run over the soft skin of her face and her soft lips. Liliya licked her lips before meeting Alina's gaze.

"At least I didn't ruin your pretty face," Liliya smirked. The fliratious tone to her words and Alina blushed. Her cheeks turning red as she looked down to the pile of books in front of them. She didn't entirely know how to respond and Liliya loved that. It was so easy to make her flustered.

"I'll beat you one day," Alina decided, pushing a confident smile onto her face. Liliya chuckled and shook her head. The book that Liliya had aimlessly been flicking through previously was closed and added to one of the piles of books.

"In your dreams," Liliya responded. Her smirk widened a little and Alina looked to her. Her mouth falling open a little, unsure what to say or what Liliya meant by her words. A flirtatious undertone that Alina hadn't expected.

"What are you putting me through today?" Alina asked, gesturing towards the pile. She was clearly trying to change topic and Lilsiciya couldn't blame her. The black-haired girl clearly didn't know how to deal with it and Liliya had a feeling that this was the first time that a girl had openly flirted with her. It was cute to watch,

"I'm not sure. We've covered the basics. Pick something and read it," Liliya decided with a shrug. The redhead picked up a few books from the piles, the more interesting ones and slid them towards her. Alina stared at them, narrowing her eyes before she looked up at Liliya. One of her eyebrows cocked.