77

AN: one more to go. love you the most.

********************

Long you live and high you fly 

But only if you ride the tide 

Balanced on the biggest wave 

You race towards an early grave

********************

BENTLEY

FEBRUARY 7, 2021

Today is the day.

The day we take down Russell and Victor and get our safety.

It was a classic race, just like the first ones, except this time instead of it being Kings versus Lions, it's an international race.

Vintage cars only. No modifications. Just instinct and control. Everything I love. Everything I crave.

Michi was staying at a hotel with Liam and they'd flown out a few more Tokyo Dragons because they had stakes in tonight's race. Niall had been with some of the Hamilton family's representatives, and the rest of us were in my apartment, counting down the hours and going over the plan.

"I don't understand why I have to race." Apollo starts.

"Part of the agreement." Harry returns.

"Can someone explain this agreement again?" Dorian speaks up, standing and walking towards the counter. "I was a little... distraught when Victor laid out the terms that day in London."

My eyes fly up to look at everyone. We're gathered in a circle around the island countertop. A map is laid out in the center with the route for tonight's race so everyone knows it well. Harry's leaning against the fridge, eyes on mine as I stand opposite to him.

Allie is on my left and Zayn is on my right. Louis is by Dorian.

"Harry? Care to explain?" I ask, popping the highlighter open and drawing out another route.

He sighs, uncrossing his arms and legs before stepping forward and completing the circle.

"Alright, everyone pay attention because this is the last time I'm going over all of this." He speaks, clearing his throat.

"The agreement is simple. I race, Bentley races, Apollo races. No weapons on any part, everyone is getting searched before we begin to ensure it. Victor gets three racers as well, and then the rest of the international participants can race too."

Everyone nods before he continues.

"Apollo. You're racing because we have to have three representatives. That's why I'm driving and Bentley is driving." He exhales. "This is where it gets complicated."

"How so?" Louis asks.

"Two of us need to cross the finish line before two of their racers do. It can't just be one. Majority rules."

"Does it matter where we place in comparison to the internationals?" Allie poses the question, hair pulled back into a low bun.

"No. Just as long as we beat Victor and Russ' racers." I answer.

"We'll take three different routes." Harry starts, fingers pointing to one of my distinct routes on the paper map. "Apollo, you'll be on the green route. We all start off on Alameda Landing, but we finish up at Miller Park, here on the west side."