XLII

"that y/n is the rightful heir to the smp kingdom."

my heart dropped, a flood of questions and
queries bombarded my thoughts. it was all so overwhelming, i pressed my right hand against the bookcase to steady myself.

this action caused one of technos many books to tumble off of the aged shelf and onto the floor, hitting my bare foot in the process, making me wince.

"ah shit" i mumbled, bending down to pick up the hardcover book titled 'the art of war'. classic techno.

i scooped the book up in my hands, rising from the floor. i peered through the crack in the doorway, two sets of eyes were locked on me.

i swiftly placed the book back on the shelf, pushing technos bedroom door open and walking out to face the two brothers.

my feet padded against the wooded floor, my right foot aching from the impact of the heavy piece of literature.

"i thought you were asleep, y/n." wilbur began before i shut him down.

"im the rightful heir, to the smp kingdom? did you know this?" i turned to techno who looked as staggered as i was.

the pink haired male shook his head no, i fixed my gaze back on wilbur.

"what does this mean- is- was eret my father? why dont i remember? why did you keep this from me-" i rambled, running my hands through my hair in a frantic manner.

"i wanted to protect you-" wilbur took a step forward, reaching a hand out to console me.

"dont." i snapped, moving away from his attempted touch.

"im sick and tired of you lying and keeping things from me, wilbur. this is something you dont keep from someone. this is about my life, my family." my throat felt like it was going to close up as tears burned my vision.

"please it was for your safety- you not knowing anything was for the best. i was going to tell you eventually." wilbur pleaded, his brown eyes locked onto mine.

"after i figured it out for myself? oh please wilbur, you dont know what is best for me. youre just scared for your precious l'manburg."

"wouldnt want george to blow that up too right?" i let the tears fall from my eyes. the saline liquid rolled down my cheeks and pooled at my chin.

"y/n no-" a hurt expression rested on the brunettes face as he attempted to move closer again.

"out." i mumbled, crossing my arms over my torso.

"what?" he breathed, pausing in his tracks.

"get. out." i spat louder, tears brimming in the corner of my vision.

"techno-" wilbur faced his brother with a pleading look.

"i think its best you go, wilbur." his red eyes flashed from his brother to me, as he turned away from the brunettes tired gaze.

wilbur set his eyes to the floor as he began to walk out of the already open door. he rested his worn hand on the doorknob, pulling the door closed behind him.

just before he shut the spruce wood, he lifted his eyes to me. i averted my gaze as much as i could.

"i want you to know, i just did what your father wanted, y/n. i promised them." he said lowly before shutting the door with a click.

and just as the door closed, i slumped down onto the nearby dining chair, a wave of sobs escaping my lips.

techno rushed to my side, kneeling against the floor, pulling me into an embrace.

"i didnt think- i didnt know-" i mumbled in between cries.

techno rubbed circles on my back in an attempt to soothe me in my distressed state.

"i had no idea, y/n."

i shook my head, burying my face into the crook of his neck.

techno pulled me from the chair, onto his lap. he wrapped his large arms around me, enveloping my smaller frame in his hold.

i laid in his arms for a while, trying to process everything. after i had stopped crying, i pulled back slightly, to stare up at the males face.

"im sorry all i do is cry on you, you know its not like me." i sniffed, a chuckle escaping technos lips.

"i dont mind. im glad youre comfortable enough with me to do so." techno muttered, cupping my cheeks with his hands.

"of course tech, i trust you with my life."

he swiped his thumbs under my eyes, his coarsened skin brushing against the salty residue, wiping away any leftover tears.

i smiled weakly up at him, his eyes softened as he studied my face.

"youre so beautiful. i should have told you that earlier." he stared at me ardently.

i draped my arms around his neck, the sleeves of my shirt bunching around my wrists.

my eyes flickered over his face as he began to pull me closer, technos long eyelashes fluttered shut as he closed in.

i could feel his hot breath against my skin as he closed the space between us, pressing his soft lips against mine.

a/n- youre welcome. stop complaining about me not updating fast enough pls.