Chapter 34: All my friends are assholes

Chapter 34| All my friends are assholes

***

   "So...you're like part of the mafia now?"

   I sighed, running a palm down my face as Jamal made sense of the whole situation ten years after we all confirmed and discussed it. Yuri slapped him on the back of the head, his blue cap almost falling off.

   "She literally just told us ten minutes ago," we all gave him disappointed looks. "She broke...the code..." Yuri whispered the last part looking around just in case some crazy mafia fool jumped up from one of the lunch tables with a gun and decided to shoot, "-to tell us everything. So yes dumbass, Heidi is part of the mafia,"

   Jamal pulled a face before moodily stabbing a fork into his pasta. "I was just asking,"

   I wanted to eat so bad, I hadn't eaten since breakfast again and accidentally (totally not on purpose) scared Nico half to death...again. He had a really girly squeal I was beginning to realise, like a red fox. No shame in that, I screamed like a man, it was very unattractive. My voice box just couldn't reach high notes, unless someone tit slapped me really hard.

   "Hey, so now that you're part of the mafia, can you like tell people to kill other people?" Yuri asked, blinking innocently.

   Everyone at the table paused and looked at her in concern.

   Jamal was the first to question his girlfriends...question. "Girl, what the hell you want a hitman for?"

   Yuri blushed. "I-it's not for me, I was just asking you know, for like asking purposes,"

   Rachel rolled her eyes, being quiet this whole time. Something was up with her, she hadn't made eye contact with me throughout this whole conversation. "Yuri, being part of the mafia doesn't get you instant hitman advantages,"

   Jamal pointed his fork at her in agreement. "Rachel speaks the truth. You gotta be a cop or something to get all those advantages, like the leader of the pack,"

   Yuri snatched his fork out of his hand and began eating his pasta. Jamal sent her a sour look. "That's a capo you idiot-"

   "-Yeah that's what I was saying, a cop-"

   Rachel intervined. "-How can a cop be part of the mafia?-"

   "-Hey cops are real corrupt-"

   "-Capo. Like ca-po. The 'a' comes before the 'o'-"

   "All of you shut up!" I yelled, slamming a palm on the table. I was met with some sticky residue. "Aw that's disgusting, does anyone have any hand sanitiser or a really good wipe?" Yuri handed me a pack of some cute wipes with HelloKitty on them,

   "Thanks, I'm keeping these," she shrugged forking some more pasta. God I needed to grow some balls against Marianne. The bitch had too much power. "Look, yes, the system is corrupt-"

   "-Amen sister," Jamal agreed with a smile, cutting me off. I glowered at him before turning to Yuri.

   "And to answer your question Yuri, no I cannot hire a hitman. That's stupid...also I haven't asked yet," I winked.