lxxv

Mature content, viewer discretion advised.

She cried softly in his arms, soaking his jumper with her tears as his tears fell onto her. Fred held her tightly, fearing that Madeleine being back in his arms was just a dream and he would wake up soon to an empty, cold bed. He cupped her cheeks and took a good look at her, just to be sure that she wouldn't vanish into thin air and connected his lips with hers for the first time in five months. She was still crying but the kiss was the cure to her wounded soul. His touch was the cure to her aching heart. She was back home and the two of them knew it, they were each other's home.

"Come on love," Fred whispered and stood up slowly, helping her stand as well. He swiftly picked her up bridal style and walked them over to the room he was staying in. Once he closed the door and muttered a silencing charm, he sat on the edge of the bed with Madeleine on his lap as she continued to cry on his chest, her arms tightly wrapped around his neck.

"You're home now, I'm here," he said hoarsely as he stroked her hair.

"I am not a good person," she said quietly and lifted her face to look at him.

"That doesn't change the way I feel about you," he brushed the stray tears from her cheeks.

"It should," her voice cracked.

"You were forced to become like that, it wasn't your fault," he caressed her cheek with his thumb.

"I shouldn't have let her get to me, I should have gotten out earlier."

"And you would be dead because they would have hunted you down," he huffed. "You are not this person because I know the real you. And you have a good heart, you were just forced to become into someone you're not."

"Fred-"

"I know you probably better than you know yourself and I saw it in your eyes that night, you're still in there and I'll help you get out of the hole Bellatrix made you dig for yourself," he said softly while still tracing her feautures with his thumb.

"I am not worthy of your kindness, I deserve to rot in the last circle of hell because that's what I am. I am a monster," she lowered her head.

"I missed you dramatic antics," he chuckled.

"Fred, I'm being serious," she said exasperatedly.

"I'm pretty sure you're Madeleine," he teased.

"Can you stop joking for just a moment," she rolled her now puffy eyes.

"Look, the two of us have gone through some shit alright. I know that the shit you went through is worse than mine but I know you have a good heart. I knew it the moment I first sat in front of you on the train, I knew it then and I know it now. Right now it's just a little bit darker than usual but we'll get through it together. I made you that promise and I don't intend in breaking it anytime soon."

"Everyone else hates me for what I have become."

"And for all I care, they could all go and eat a rat's ass because I don't give a fuck," he shrugged and kissed her deeply, taking his time to savor the kiss, the feeling and taste of her lips. The lips he never would get tired of kissing, the skin he would never get tired of touching and the girl he would never get tired of loving.

"Make love to me," Maddie whispered as she pulled away from the kiss breathing heavily.

"Are you sure? It's been a while and I know you must be tired angel, I can wait," he said softly and gave her thigh a reassuring squeeze.

"I'm always sure when it comes to you Freddie and I want you to make love to me," she pushed back some loose strands of red hair that had fallen onto his forehead.