𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 33: 𝐴𝑤𝑎𝑘𝑒

A/N: hello lovies! Just wanted to let you know, you're gonna find out what happened to y/n's mom in this chapter. The subject may be a little sad for some readers, so read with caution.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Just then, Uncle Bucky saw a sight that he's been waiting for so desperately. Y/n's eyes started to slowly flutter open.

Y/n was awake...

☞︎Y/N'S POV☜︎

The bright lights above me shined brightly into my eyes. I could feel pain in several places around my body. "Y/n! Oh my god!" My uncle yelled, as he shot up from his chair beside me. His loud voice added to my pounding headache.

I looked around quickly, trying to identify where I was. The walls were a bright white, along with the floor tiles.

This place has to be a... a hospital?

I realized I was laying on a bed, and I started to sit up. "W-What's ha-" A sharp pain ran through my chest and I yelped in pain. My uncle sprang beside me and put his hands on my shoulders softly. "Sh sh sh, lay down." He encouraged, carefully helping me to lay back down.

Then he ran over to the hospital room door. "Doctor! Nurse!" He yelled outside the door. He waved his hand, signaling to someone to come in the room. "What's going on?" I asked, groggily. My uncle quickly walked back to my side again. "It's gonna be ok. The doctor will explain everything." He responded, softly wiping some loose strands of hair out of my face, before speaking again.

"Oh, y/n. I'm so glad you're ok."

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

"You should be better in no time." The doctor said, scribbling something on his clipboard.

The doctor and nurses came into my room and did a few tests on me, and checked that everything was alright. The doctor explained to me my injuries, but not how I got them. I tried to ask how, but the doctor ignored my question and kept talking.

All the hospital staff left the room, leaving just my uncle and I. "Will you tell me how this happened?" I faced my uncle, and asked in an irritated tone. Uncle Bucky sat in the chair next to my bed and sighed. "There was a fight..."

As soon as those words left this mouth, small flashbacks of what happened flooded my memory.

"at the school..." I finished his sentence for him. He slowly nodded. "Well? Is everyone ok?!" I asked. Bucky sighed again and lowered his head. "What's wrong?" I asked, encouraging him to explain. "It's Miguel..."

My eyebrows furrowed. "What happened to Miguel?" I asked, the volume of my voice raising. Bucky hesitated and opened his mouth, as if he was trying to look for the right words. "What happened?!" I repeated, getting increasingly angrier and worried.

"Miguel fell off the second floor balcony..." he finally answered. My breath hitched and my hand raised to cup my mouth. "Is he ok?" I asked through my hand. "He's not doing so well..."

"Where is he? Can I see him?" I asked quickly. "No." Bucky responded. "No? No to what?" I asked, confused. "No, you can't see him." Bucky clarified. "Why not?!" I yelled.