13. not so shy

early awake that morning, taehyung slid open the door of the omega den, only to come face to face with another omega.

she was also one of the inhabitants of the den, but wasn't home last night.

the omega reeked so much of another alpha, taehyung had took back a step instinctively, and the girl had blushed as she made her way inside.

when taehyung had noticed her absence last night, worriedly he had asked to yeonjun on why the girl is not back yet? the omega had just shrugged and said, she might had spent the night with an alpha.

apparently fooling around until mating is not something anyone looked down on here.

taehyung was too sleepy to bother about it now and went about with his morning routine, for he really had a long day ahead.

freshly bathed and dressed, he had made his way to where the hunting troupes are gathered, his nerves already getting the best of him.

it was still early, just the chirping noises of birds and the slowly awakening pack the only sounds.

taehyung still cant wrap around his head on the fact that he agreed to this- he agreed to go hunting.

from what he know and what he has seen, trained and well built werewolves like jungkook are the ones who lead hunts.

and look at himself, he already knows he is too weak for it.

but taehyung just want to see how it is atleast once, before giving up.

when he reached at the place, people were already stretching, getting ready for the adventurous day. he looked around the group of around twelve people, only jimin and jungkook was familiar to him.

meekily, the prince made his way to jungkook, squeaking out and closing his eyes when someone close to him disrobed and shifted to wolf form.

the next he opened his eyes, jungkook was watching him with raised eyebrows.

"still so shy, cherry?" he drawled and taehyung huffed.

and when everyone seemed to be ready jungkook had said to the other- "you should shift"

taehyung had squirmed at that, all his insecurities coming to forefront.

"w-why cant we just hunt in human form?" the omega had asked hopefully.

"we are werewolves. we are meant to be hunting in our true form." the alpha had said already taking off his shirt and folding it, in the process to shift.

one look at taehyung and jungkook had rolled his eyes.

"dont waste our time cherry. shift now" the alphas voice didnot had any gentleness, obviously his inner alpha slowly coming up to take over.

taehyung nervously flitted his eyes across at the shifted forms of the werewolves, them standing strong and proud. but taehyung only knows how weak his wolf is.

he gave one last pleading look at jungkook, but the alpha wasn't backing down. taehyung sighed and squeaked out a turn around, to which the alpha obeyed with a roll of his eyes.

once more looking around to make sure no one is watching him, taehyung quickly got out of his clothes and took a deep breath, bringing up his wolf.

when suddenly he felt the height increasing and his center of gravity shifting, taehyung sucked in a breath. and finally when he fully shifted- it felt oddly free.

taehyung blinked open his pretty grey eyes to see everyone in the vicinity looking at him, even jungkook, who is still in his human form had his jaws slack open.