30. more than that

nini walked back into her home, completely soaked and freezing from the rain that was still pouring outside but she didn't care. she had a smile resting on her face as she thought to what had just happened, her heart racing at the remembrance while she leaned against the closed door behind her.

"nini, honey!" carol exclaimed with a gasp as she ran towards her daughter, snapping her out of her trance "why are you home so early? are you okay? you're shivering-dana! come quick and bring a few towels!"

the brunette girl raised her eyebrows as she saw her mom run into the room, opening her mouth in surprise as she wrapped the towel around her daughter's shoulders, rubbing her arms up and down to warm her up.

"what happened?" carol asked

nini just shrugged her shoulders "i got a daffodil."

the two women knitted their eyebrows together in confusion as the girl took a deep breath

"i'm a little tired, i'll just go up to my room..." she said softly, her moms watching her in the same bewildered expression as she made her way up the stairs.

nini took a long warm shower and felt a little better when she was changed in her pajamas, seeing the rain pour outside her window in a sense of rhythm.

she dried and brushed her hair before hearing her phone buzz, taking it and smiling when she saw ricky text her.

nini walked down the stairs to see carol making her way towards the door to open it after the doorbell rung, a surprised yet happy expression on her face when seeing ricky

"oh ricky! it's been a long time! how are you?" she asked

the curly-haired boy walked inside quickly after carol ushered him in, taking off his rain coat he'd found after returning home from the walk he had with nini.

"i'm good carol, thanks..." he breathed, the grin visible on his face - that had never left since a little over an hour ago.

carol turned around to see nini arriving towards them and she smiled

"we're just going to watch a movie or something," the girl told her mom, who nodded

"alright, no problem," she said "i'll go make you both some hot chocolates, you look like you're both still freezing for some reason,"

the two blushed slightly at the sound of her remark before she disappeared off into the kitchen, leaving them both to themselves in the entrance of the salazar-roberts household.

"hi." he said, walking slowly towards her

she smiled lightly, reciprocating his action "hi,"

ricky leaned in to kiss her, nini closing her eyes before they both stopped when hearing carol's voice from the kitchen

"do you still take marshmallows in your hot chocolate ricky?!"

nini stifled a laugh at the annoyance and disappointment ricky tried to hide from being interrupted but he forced a smile

"yep, thanks!"

he turned back to face the girl and she shook her head with a light laugh before taking his hand "come on,"

ricky sat on the couch and nini looked through the bookcase for a dvd as carol brought their mugs of hot chocolate

"i'll just be upstairs if you guys need anything," she informed before making her way out of the room

nini put in a random old disney movie, sitting next to ricky and took the remote, pressing pause.

she felt a little weird suddenly, knowing there was something to talk about. everything this evening happened quite fast and they didn't exactly talk about everything. they told their feelings for each other, but what are they?

"what's up?" he asks, noticing her composure as he sat up a little

"um..." she took a deep breath snd looked at him "what-what are we?"

ricky shifted in his seat and knitted his eyebrows together "what do you mean?"

"like...are we-together-? or is this just another fling type thing? because i don't really think i could go through that again and have to see all those girls around you and then get hurt all over again, so if this is that then you should just tell me because-"

"okay, okay, okay," he chuckles lightly as he took his hand in hers "breathe,"

nini let out a small breath and he shrugged his shoulders

"i-i don't want this to just be-a fling..." he said, making nini's heart rise

"really?" she asked

he nodded "yeah..."

she felt a smile form on her face "me neither."

"well, i'd hope so," he says, making her shake her head with a light chuckle

"so...we're-more than friends." she says

ricky nods "will you be my girlfriend then?"

nini looked at him and faked a gasp "the ricky bowen, star basketball player of east high wants me to be his girlfriend?"

ricky rolled his eyes playfully, making her giggle before she nodded

"yeah, i'd be honored." she says, making him sit straight

"why thank you my lady," he said dramatically, making her shake her head with a chuckle

she leaned her head on his shoulder and he looked down for a split second, the grin still on his face as he looked back at the screen, both of them content