Chapter 40

"RAGE FOOD!"

Auri smiled widely when Rage looked at her with worried and nervous eyes.

"Baby... I love that you're making food for me every day but damn..." Rage rubbed his forehead. "You've been feeding me like I'm about to be killed for some occasion and I needed to be fat for that." He stood up and hugged her before cupping her face to kiss her, one hand on her ass giving it a tight grip.

"I love you," he said after the kiss then sighed looking at the paper bag. "I hope this it's not too much food again, baby. I don't want to go fat, you know my other job requires me to be fit."

Kinindatan niya ito. "Worry not Rage it's just enough because I want to make love with you after eating." Auri pulled his nape lower to whisper to his ear. "I'm horny you need to take responsibility for this."

Umalog ang balikat nito bago malakas na tumawa.

Auri didn't mind. She loves hearing her man laugh. Inilabas niya ang dalang pagkain mula sa paper bag at isa-isang inilagay iyon sa mesa nito.

"Damn baby, I really love this weird and unpredictable you— except for the feeding part." Rage was chuckling while hugging her from behind.

"Good Rage. So next time don't ever question my love for you, okay? Ikaw lang ang nakakakita sa kaweirduhan ko ngayon."

"Never again, baby." Pinatakan nito ng halik ang tenga niya bago bumalik sa pagkakaupo.

Siya naman ay naupo sa kandungan nito matapos ayusin ang pagkain.

Sharing the same spoon and fork they eat together— her feeding him while they talk about stuff and people's lives.

"How's Kalisz by the way?" Maya maya ay tanong nito.

"She's improving. She talked to me today about the life she had that caused her trauma and fears." Auri sadly smiled, her eyes moistened as she remembered all the things that Kalisz have gone through. "She's one tough woman Rage, so unbelievable. She's also hoping that someday she'll be able to see again the woman that freed her from the—"

Auri halted.

"From what baby?"

"I don't think I should tell you about it," Auri sighed.

Rage nodded in understanding. "So someone helped her inside that mansion aside from Dusk?"

"Mm-hmm," Auri hummed. "Pero hindi niya kilala pero lagi niya raw iyon nakikita dahil ang babae ang nagbibigay sa kanya lagi ng pagkain."

"You can tell Kalisz that we can look for that woman if she wants to," Rage offered.

Umiling si Auri.

"Ang sabi ni Kalisz kabilin-bilinan ng babae na kalimutan niya ang pagtulong nito sa kanya."

"Why?"

Nagkibit-balikat si Auri. "Maybe the woman doesn't want her boss to know. Kalisz only hopes that the woman was not killed after what she did for her."

"That's very the likely scenario, baby. No boss that is into trafficking or some sort of dark habits will let someone live after betrayal."

Nalungkot si Auri pero talagang iyon ang posibilidad. Baka nga patay na ang babae.

"Anyway, Rage, pinalayas ko sina Ravage." Pag-iiba niya ng usapan.

Tinaasan siya nito ng kilay. "Why?"

"Ang pangit nila sa paningin ko kaya't sabi ko lumayas na muna sila. But I told them to come back after three days."

Natawa ito.